starting strength gym
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The new ss podcast is lame

Default The new ss podcast is lame

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The new ss podcast hosted by ray is pretty insufferable. My reasoning is the overly douchy music and graphics for the intro, ray calling everything a really “damn” good thing, and the fact that he is not particularly knowledgeable compared to other ss coaches. The Stan efferding episode was particularly hard to listen to, as ray was talking about overeating and gaining weight as fast as possible, while Stan was saying that’s a good way to get fatty liver disease and recommends a slower approach. Either way, this seems like a drastically different culture from the original ss segments with the lifting legends, and also a far cry from the class and politeness that used to be shown from the lifters of yesteryear. This podcast comes off as white trash.

Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    The new ss podcast hosted by ray is pretty insufferable. My reasoning is the overly douchy music and graphics for the intro, ray calling everything a really “damn” good thing, and the fact that he is not particularly knowledgeable compared to other ss coaches. The Stan efferding episode was particularly hard to listen to, as ray was talking about overeating and gaining weight as fast as possible, while Stan was saying that’s a good way to get fatty liver disease and recommends a slower approach. Either way, this seems like a drastically different culture from the original ss segments with the lifting legends, and also a far cry from the class and politeness that used to be shown from the lifters of yesteryear. This podcast comes off as white trash.
    Why do you consume insufferable content?

How many lifters do you think Stan has run through the NLP?

You are in favor of class and politeness?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    I feel like you and I listened to two different podcasts.

I like Ray's podcast, and I love the intro music.... then again I'm a big 18V fan. So there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    I like Ray's podcast, and I love the intro music.... then again I'm a big 18V fan. So there.
    I listen to the audio version, where the intro is Rip calling the show mediocre.

I like it too. Ray is not Rip, but who is? He’s not a troll, I don’t think. Maybe he was having a bad day? Keep doing your thing, Ray. The one with the skier( can’t remember his name) in particular was gold, and particularly useful to me.

Mr/Ms Extremely Tiny City, Jews can be full-on globohomo financiers all the way down to Urban Amish, but they are never ever and can never ever be White Trash. Never. Single. Time.

Quote Originally Posted by John Fioravanti View Post
    Sir, this is a Wendy’s.
    I feel like this is the only reply this guy deserved

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for the support, fellas.

For a free show that is self-proclaimed as "mildly entertaining," I feel like we're doing a decent job. I'm open to constructive feedback but this spewing of negativity is bizarre. If you don't like it, spend your time elsewhere. If you have an idea for something that can be improved, I'm all ears. If you want us to cancel the show because it doesn't meet your personal expectations, then I'm as confused as you seem to be.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast