starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An Argument for Arch Support | Tyler Perkins

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    EVERYDAY Pain Relief: Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis | Superfeet

This one is a good place to start. Deep heel cup, mid/high arch profile, carbon fiber. Good brand all-in-all.

Men's OOriginal Black Sandal
    – OOFOS

Longtime fan of the forums here, but this is my first ever post on any forum ever. Let that add whatever weight to what I’m about to say. I’ve got mad arches. The outer arch often doesn’t touch the ground, enabling light to literally pass under my foot. When I first began to encounter plantar fasciitis, I was convinced I had stepped in glass. I would dig at my heels hoping to one day find the source of the pain. Probably a year into it, I finally went to my doc to see what was up, and was formally diagnosed. I went to my local RoadRunner and made what would turn out to be one of my greatest purchases ever. The original Oofo sandal fixed everything within literally days. I’ve since recommended it to everyone in similar situations, and they too now all swear by the Oofo.

The rigid feet, I’d imagine, also lend to rigid ankles. Piss-poor dorsiflexion made squatting an enormous chore, until I bought lifting shoes. Even just a 5/8” heel was a total game changer. The belt honestly helped the press more than anything else.

If you’ve got high/rigid arches, stop fucking around and get the Oofo sandals and lifting shoes. Your feet will feel good enough to not need an orthotic in the lifting shoe; they’re not supposed to be comfortable anyway.

Just to make sure I understand the article completely because I had to reread it:

The most stable and efficient force transmission between two objects is 2 solid flat objects pushing into each other. Inserts further increase the benefits of shoes by articulating with a soft squishy foot and turning it into a solid flat object to push against the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Perkins SSTampa View Post
    Keeping the goal of building and maintaining your arch shape under a heavy load in mind, I would go for the harder set.

I have made plenty of anecdotal associations between jacked up arches and back pain for sure. There are quite a few studies that you can search that seem to show this as well. If you just look at the mechanical affect this has on the body, it's pretty easy to see how that could be the case.
    Thanks for confirming. I've had constant lower back problems since my late teens and I've always been certain they are connected, especially since I've gotten older and noticed than rolling my ankles can be quite a common way of getting a minor tweak before a more serious injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Just to make sure I understand the article completely because I had to reread it:

The most stable and efficient force transmission between two objects is 2 solid flat objects pushing into each other. Inserts further increase the benefits of shoes by articulating with a soft squishy foot and turning it into a solid flat object to push against the floor?
    You got it. That is definitely one of the added benefits, along with the all of the other physiological gobbledygook.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Perkins SSTampa View Post
    EVERYDAY Pain Relief: Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis | Superfeet

This one is a good place to start. Deep heel cup, mid/high arch profile, carbon fiber. Good brand all-in-all.
    Thank you for the recommendation, I'm going to give these a try.

Do you have any thoughts regarding Correct Toes/Toe spacers generally? I have bunions and Hallux Limitus, I find them to be helpful generally and in particular when I squat. My mother has particularly gnarly bunions and I'm hoping to avoid that fate by wearing them as frequently as possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12