starting strength gym

Thread: Novice LP: Adding significantly smaller-than-usual amount of weight to each lift?

Question Novice LP: Adding significantly smaller-than-usual amount of weight to each lift?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello Rip.
    I have not been able to find with the search function the answer to this question.

Say one chose to add from the very beginning only 1 lb to each lift in each session (instead of the usual larger increments).

I understand the LP will take longer to complete. Is the strength by the end of the LP likely to be similar or significantly different compared to having used the usual larger increments?

Thank you,
    Fleischman

Quote Originally Posted by Fleischman View Post
    Hello Rip.
    I have not been able to find with the search function the answer to this question.

Say one chose to add from the very beginning only 1 lb to each lift in each session (instead of the usual larger increments).

I understand the LP will take longer to complete. Is the strength by the end of the LP likely to be similar or significantly different compared to having used the usual larger increments?

Thank you,
    Fleischman
    Have you read the part about Stress, Recovery and Adaptation, from the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Sorry Rip, mine was more of a rethorical question than an intention to start a conversation.

Thank you both for these suggestions. My copy of Starting Strength 3rd ed is due to arrive this week and I expect to binge on it like I am with the Starting Strength Radio podcast episodes and this site's content. Initially I decided to hold off on ordering Practical Programming For Strength Training 3rd ed until having received SSBBT3 (after all I am only/still an "intermediate" at weighted-vest compound-moves calisthenics).

Thank you for directing me to where I will find the answer. I will go ahead and order PPFST3.

F

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    Sorry Rip, mine was more of a rethorical question than an intention to start a conversation.
    I was not responding to you.