starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Plantar Fasciitis condition a concern when doing squats and deadlifts?

Default Is Plantar Fasciitis condition a concern when doing squats and deadlifts?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    66 yo lifter. Just started back on my LP after a 6 week break due to overseas travel. About 3 months ago I somehow managed to develop PF in my left heal either from poor squat and DL technique or trying to do long power walks with some short wind sprints incorporated on my non lifting days. I’m sure it was the latter Anyway, the PF pain only got worse after 6 weeks of no strength training. Question is will squats and DL’s if done properly improve the condition? Also curious if some sort of brace that can be worn at night while sleeping to keep the heal flexed and muscles attached to the heal bone stretched would help? The symptoms are the worst right after waking up or sitting for a while where the heal had been in extension for a long time.

Neither squats nor deadlifts contribute to or alleviate plantar fasciitis. In my experience, it spontaneously resolves after the mechanism, i.e. standing on a ladder all day, is removed.

I've had horrible plantar fasciitis in both feet at different times. I've tried different shoes, insoles, rolling the spiky dumbbell thing under my arches, you name it. None really made a difference.
    What worked for me was doing standing calf raises. I haven't had a recurrence since doing these. After squats, leave a 45 on each side, and do 10-15 calf raises. Hardly takes a minute. I now use a 3 inch block of wood to make it harder, but do it every squat day after squats.
    Hope this helps.

ok this is my true experience

If you can handle it eat a dish with a massive amount of jalapeño peppers in it

I suffered from plantar fasciitis did all the meds etc with no success

I ate a large dish made with potatoes, salsa sour cream and a crap load of jalapeños and it cured it in one night

i rinsed it down with cold beer lol this was about 8 years ago when I would still occasionally have an adult beverage with all the peppers I had to have cold beer to eat it

im serious the jalapeño cured it overnight and I had been living with it and taking prescription meds for months prior to that meal

my doctor told me there’s a lot of capsaicin in them and that was what probably did it

i also use super feet I use the blue ones
    its never come back thankfully

Quote Originally Posted by bobman View Post
    If you can handle it eat a dish with a massive amount of jalapeño peppers in it

I suffered from plantar fasciitis did all the meds etc with no success

I ate a large dish made with potatoes, salsa sour cream and a crap load of jalapeños and it cured it in one night
    Do you seriously believe this? I'd believe that your burning asshole took your mind off your feet, but I see no mechanism by which anything else is possible. And the fact that your doctor told you that just reinforces what we've said about doctors.

These idiots can’t even do hot peppers correctly. “Lots of capsaicin in jalapeños.” This is what box-wine-drinking women think.

Well it hurt like heck the day before I ate that and never hurt again after I ate them so yes I think it worked

And FWIW I didn’t eat that to cure plantar fasciitis

I was just damn hungry and that what was available so I improvised and made the dish described

Maybe it was the 12 pack of cheap cold beer I washed it down with lol

I find squatting and deadlifting regularly normalized my PF...it stops getting worse. Key is that you need real good shoes with support, especially for deadlifts. What improves PF is sleeping with toes pulled back (they have boots for this) and walking normally through the pain. PF will not get better if you walk "around" the pain, it'll only get worse.

I had PF in my right foot for about a year. I tried all kinds of stretches with little success. Then I got it in my left foot as well. A friend of mine recommended the video linked below. I did this stretch for a week and the pain pretty much vanished over night. Good luck. PF is miserable.

Fix Plantar Fasciitis Instantly (NO MORE HEEL PAIN!) - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    I’m not sure if squats and deadlifts fixed it, or that they replaced the other silly bullshit I was doing…..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast