starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knee Intermittently Locking

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by gtrfinder View Post
    It is continuing to happen; mostly from situations like these (from the perspective of the player on bottom):

Three Butterfly Guard Sweeps Anybody Can Do - YouTube

I can wrestle on it and play from top position without issue. I think it’s just from bearing weight and elevating it dynamically from the bottom.
    Anyways, I’m going to get a second MRI this week with contrast to see if that provides any additional detail.
    Mine does this too, it has ever since I was a kid. I went to a ortho a few years ago about it and he suggested it was an issue with my medial patellofemoral ligament and if so would require surgery to repair. I just adapted my grappling around it and play mostly half guard when on bottom because it doesn’t bother it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    Mine does this too, it has ever since I was a kid. I went to a ortho a few years ago about it and he suggested it was an issue with my medial patellofemoral ligament and if so would require surgery to repair. I just adapted my grappling around it and play mostly half guard when on bottom because it doesn’t bother it.
    Thanks
    Second MRI confirmed no meniscus damage, so I’m basically back to square one. Currently my plan is to focus on upping my body weight and my deadlift and squat, and see what happens.

starting strength coach development program
    7 months later, and I can say that focusing on squatting 3 days a week has been helping. Maybe 1 or 2 instances of the locking phenomenon since I started doing this. Otherwise, I am symptom free; and as a bonus it’s helped my Jiu jitsu and wrestling immensely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12