starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strength Training for Baseball: Maximizing Exit Velocity

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinRobin View Post
    Voodoo One 33" 30oz BBCOR Bat / Wilson A1030 Baseball off a Tee measured with a Pocket Radar. Video in link below

https://bit.ly/TWITTER89MPH_DC2026

Thanks dalan, Yes he was born with a decent frame but I only mentioned age in the context of college sports recruitment which takes place when the kids are 16/17 so he really has 2 or 3 years to show he can mix it up in college. He has a 21-22" vertical jump which is decent but not a natural D1 athlete, saying that I believe he can work to get there in a sport like baseball. I agree he could be a beast but only if he keeps up his training. My aim is to demonstrate to him cause and effect of his training at a high level and I believe thats better achieved by showing him, not telling him. Keeping teenagers motivated towards a goal is arguably more difficult than the actual training itself!

Yes Sir....That is the plan. Motivating a teenager to go back to the bar, especially after failing that 5th rep of his 3rd set three work outs in a row, is the challenge.
    Very good tee exit velo. He definitely has some power potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Could be that his coach is fucking up. The First Three Questions | Mark Rippetoe
    Uh the original post said the kid is 5'10" and weights 180lbs. That's a good weight for a 5'10" 40 year-old suburban female who wants to ward off osteopenia but has no real athletic ambitions. I believe for an aspiring D1 athlete trying to hit a 200lb bench, the correct term is "emaciated?" Are there not any buffets in his neck of the woods?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by EdTice View Post
    Uh the original post said the kid is 5'10" and weights 180lbs. That's a good weight for a 5'10" 40 year-old suburban female who wants to ward off osteopenia but has no real athletic ambitions. I believe for an aspiring D1 athlete trying to hit a 200lb bench, the correct term is "emaciated?" Are there not any buffets in his neck of the woods?
    The kid is only 14 years old. 5' 10" 180 lbs is not "emaciated" for that age.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12