starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting Strength Gyms – Where We’re Going Next | Ray Gillenwater

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvermane View Post
    I strongly advise taking a hard look at Las Vegas, NV for a SS Gym. Lots going on here and the population & development have been exploding for over 25 years, as rational Americans flee blue states or want a nicer place to live. I escaped SoCal in the mid-90's and started a business here 20+ years ago. The state/city are very business (and 2A) friendly, despite being blue-ish, mostly because the resort & tourism bosses own the politicians and won't let them ruin the state with anti-business policies that affect the bottom line of their billion-dollar resorts. There's also no state income tax. And there's enough high-to-good income residents here, that we have tons of premium grocers and organic food markets, like Whole Foods, Sprouts, etc.

I started doing SS several years ago with the blue book. But with no SS Gym in Vegas...and not wanting to join a typical 24hr gym...I converted half my garage into a weight/strength training room with a full weight rack and the equipment needed to properly do & continue the program. I might join a SS Gym placed here just to be among fellow lifters and learn & exchange info with others to better train. Or I might not...but it would be nice to have the option to join, if I felt I needed more guidance from professionals SS coaches or could help others starting out.

Overall, I believe Las Vegas would be a serious contender for a SS Gym, due to many factors.

My two cents.
    Sounds like you might be the investor that puts it in. Contact Ray about this.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvermane View Post
    Overall, I believe Las Vegas would be a serious contender for a SS Gym, due to many factors.
    I think so too. We've had several inquiries from Vegas and two leads that made it to the in-person meeting step of the franchisee qualification process. We haven't quite found the right fit yet. I'd be shocked if we don't have a gym there by the end of 2023.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12