starting strength gym

Thread: Rack pulls, from j-cups

Default Rack pulls, from j-cups

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have a Rogue squat rack and am looking for a way to integrate rack pulls, without a power rack.

The safeties cannot be set low enough to get the bar in a position ideal for the movement. However, the jcups have a lower profile and can.

Fortunate happenstance or dipshit-pending-injury? Rack pulls would be between 500-600lbs initially. Cups are rated for 1000+ per Rogues website. Feels like a longshot but figured I’d get some feedback prior to submitting an application to the Darwin awards.

This is a stupid idea. I know because I once had that stupid idea.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Pulling blocks made with 2 x 4's or 4 x4's with OSB plywood on top should get you what you need for block pulls instead. That's what I use.

Pros: simple, cheap, never any concern about bending a bar

Cons: not as simple to load/unload as rack pulls, small account of clutter when not in use

I've done that and you're right, it's not ideal. The problem, as you have probably guessed, is hitting the hooks when you lower the bar. There's very little room for error. I'd set up something for block pulls instead, as was already mentioned.