starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Conditioning: A Case For "Prowling" In Place, aka Pushing The Wall the HIIT Way

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I've tried the drill at 0:31 and seem to have a major muscle imbalance favouring my right side?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleischman View Post
    Rip, thank you for this reminder. I had already read it. I honestly did not find anything in SS about why deadlifting with squat stance was unacceptable, so I created a post to ask. I also did not find anything on isometrics for conditioning, so I started this thread in order to ask.
    There is also nothing in the book about squatting with a pair of pants tied around your head. Or deadlifting while you're driving your car. I guess I missed a few important things.

starting strength coach development program
    If you Google "Starting Strength Deadlift Stance", this is literally the first hit that comes up: Deadlift Stance | Mark Rippetoe

It explains everything about why we take the stance we take. If you think about the wider stance you're proposing, you could infer the negative aspects of your proposal based on the positive explanation of the video.

Regarding Rip's comment, you could infer why you shouldn't deadlift while driving a car or with pants tied around the head based on the positive explanations in the book and videos, and also just general logic and deduction.

And when I say "positive" I don't mean desirable, I mean explained in the context of what should be done, not explained as what shouldn't be done.
    For example "don't rip the bar off the ground" would be a negative explanation. "Do squeeze the bar off the ground" would be a positive explanation.
    Last edited by AndrewLewis; 12-01-2022 at 05:18 PM. Reason: explanation of explanation
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123