starting strength gym

Thread: Critical Technique Elements - Part 1: The Squat | Andrew Lewis

Default Critical Technique Elements - Part 1: The Squat | Andrew Lewis

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Barbell training is comprised entirely of natural human movement. This means that the exercises used are how human physiology and anatomy are supposed to be used. The rotator cuff is a good example. The rotator cuff can produce external and internal rotation of the shoulder, but what it actually does is pull the arm into the shoulder joint. Essentially, it protects the arm from ripping out of its socket. This is apparent while analyzing the anatomy – the muscles attach close to the shoulder joint.

Read article

Critical messages they had to be said twice.

Re the balance, I've fallen into the bad habit of taking my videos from the side and overusing the barbell over the midfoot as the be all end all for balance. Is there a side on visual cue that indicates the balance of the overall barbell+lifter balance or should I be using the feeling of being in the midfoot through the rep as the guide? When it goes markedly forward or back and interrupts the rep it's pretty obvious in terms of bar path and speed, but the slightly more minor balance discrepancies I'm having trouble spotting.