starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lack of energy due to starting strength

Lightbulb Lack of energy due to starting strength

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello

I have a problem, I used to be someone with a lot of energy, but ever since I started Starting Strength again I have been physically drained. It didn't used to be like this, starting strength used to give me more energy than it took away, when I was doing the program like 10 years ago. What can I do to go back to the old ways but still get strength? I am already doing a modified program where I go to the gym on day 1 and rest of days 2 and 3 before going back to the gym on day 4. Should I add more rest days? Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

What's your age, weight, height, and sex?

What was your last week of workouts?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

This is a ridiculous post, for several reasons. Proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    What's your age, weight, height, and sex?

What was your last week of workouts?
    36, 150 lb, 6" 1', Male

Starting Strength for the 3rd time, I hope I can make it this time.

I was thinking since it takes 2 days for me to recover after a SS workout, I should try some light exercise on those days instead of doing nothing. But then if I put in that extra work on off-days, the recovery time might take even longer than 2 days, I am not sure what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by rur View Post
    Hello

I have a problem, I used to be someone with a lot of energy, but ever since I started Starting Strength again I have been physically drained. It didn't used to be like this, starting strength used to give me more energy than it took away, when I was doing the program like 10 years ago. What can I do to go back to the old ways but still get strength? I am already doing a modified program where I go to the gym on day 1 and rest of days 2 and 3 before going back to the gym on day 4. Should I add more rest days? Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
    When did they introduce fluoridation to your town’s water supply?

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    When did they introduce fluoridation to your town’s water supply?
    Same day he went on a "cut."

I rarely 'laugh out loud' these days, which is slightly ominous. But this exchange made me start crying. It's beautiful.

150 lb, 6" 1'
    This is the problem. Gain at least 1lb between every single workout, and let's see how that affects your fatigue.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    This is the problem. Gain at least 1lb between every single workout, and let's see how that affects your fatigue.
    You have the patience of a Saint.

starting strength coach development program
    Hello

Yes, train on Monday and then rest until next Monday, that'll do the trick. If you plateau, rest even longer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast