starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exhaustion after squat volume training

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel View Post
    yes actually, at December, it was 19.80 nmol/L, or 571.0716 ng/100mL
    Any symptoms you would associate with low testosterone? You'd still benefit from taking it anyway, but if you have symptoms then it's necessary.

With your stats, 6 months of NLP with in person coaching, your numbers were very low, which is why I suggested the low T. It can't be bad technique or programming, and it can't be a bodyweight problem (I'm referring to those 6 months, not now). Did you gain more fat than muscle when you were gaining weight? I'm guessing you did because of your decision to lose weight.
    I don't know, it sounds like low T could actually be a factor here...Rip, am I completely mistaken?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    Something doesn't add up here. You say you did NLP as written for six months. But even if you started with the empty bar for your first session, you should have hit 107 in *three* months.

We're missing some information. Who was the SSC? What is your diet (total calories and macro breakdown)? Have you had your testosterone checked? Any grave health conditions?
    that is simple to explain - failing lifts , not talking about missing the 5th on the 3ed. but time and time again getting days like 5, 3 , 2 so I was NOT able to keep putting on 2.5kg after days like this. you ether do it agin, or more ofter, drop a few kgs and fix the form.

This is pointless if you're not doing the program, which you're not doing.

Practical Programming for Strength Training, 3rd edition – The Aasgaard Company

that is simple to explain - failing lifts , not talking about missing the 5th on the 3ed. but time and time again getting days like 5, 3 , 2 so I was NOT able to keep putting on 2.5kg after days like this. you ether do it agin, or more ofter, drop a few kgs and fix the form.
    Who was the SSC who for 6 months was trying to make you go up 2.5kg at a time? This is the fourth time this question was asked

but time and time again getting days like 5, 3 , 2
    I haven't read the rest of the thread but no one who is resting adequately between sets and not giving up under the bar gets 5 reps on their first set and only 2 on the last.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    Who was the SSC who for 6 months was trying to make you go up 2.5kg at a time? This is the fourth time this question was asked
    Email me here at the gym with that answer.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by asm44 View Post
    I haven't read the rest of the thread but no one who is resting adequately between sets and not giving up under the bar gets 5 reps on their first set and only 2 on the last.
    That could indicate not enough rest, could also indicate his first set is a 5RM or close because progress has stopped (because there's no surplus of food for progress to be built with).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123