starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair Transplant

Default Hair Transplant

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Anyone have any experience with a follicular hair transplant? Been bald for a decade but a coworker was telling me they've come a long way with the procedure... any input/pros/cons from anyone who may gave had it?

Very important question: Why Do You Care?

How bald are you when you let it grow out? These procedures are based on available “donor hair” typically from the back and sides, which aren’t as likely to miniaturize as the hair on top. The more surviving hair you have, the more you can do with donor hair. I’ll guess that you’re not on finasteride. If you stay off the drugs, your remaining “native” hair on top may thin over time, leaving only the transplanted hair.

It’s true that the procedures are much better than they were a decade ago, at least in the right clinic with the right doc. One thing to be aware of: whether you get a FUT (they cut a strip of back/side scalp out and harvest the hair) or FUE (they extract follicles one-by-one with a punch) you will be left with scarring that would be at least somewhat visible if you ever want to shave it bald again.

If you’re not shiny bald, you may be able to reclaim some hair with minoxidil, finasteride, ketoconazole shampoo and microneedling (the current main hair loss therapies). We’ve talked about finasteride risks in this board before. Do your homework before deciding. Some guys tolerate it well, some do not. Not sure on microneedling risks if done long term.

My experience is only what I’ve read since starting to thin a bit. Never had a transplant. I shaved it bald during Covid to see what my future probably has in store.

Best,

Become a monk.

People will know. It will be written on your face. You will for all intents and purposes be living in hell.

There is nothing more pathetic than a man who resists going bald with procedures and medicine. Just an absolutely wretched creature. May as well shave off your pubic hair at this point, since you're already fumbling for neoteny

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Very important question: Why Do You Care?
    Well, I really don't mind not having hair, but ever since my buddy mentioned the transplant it just got me thinking about it...

Thanks BareSteel also for the input

You're missing the point, Ryan. You're actually flirting with the Joe Biden approach.

Full head of hair is not all it is cracked up to be. I spend $60 a month on a haircut, including tip. I have to wash it regularly. And I have to worry about it falling out. Also my hair fails to make me as debonair and worldly as I would like.

A full head of hair is a high maintenance accessory that adds little to the quality of life much like visible ABS. Though I can not be sure about the affect of having visible ABS since mine are discreetly hidden under a layer of fat.

I would trade my hair for a 500 lb. deadlift and a 450 squat.

starting strength coach development program
    Bald people look good big. Get your weight and your numbers up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast