starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Problems with the squat

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    You cant expect to turn things around instantly after 2 days on a new diet. You probably only gained half a pound over those 2 days. With regards to the failed reps, there are a million possible reasons. Have you uploaded your squat video to the technique forum? Have you introduced the light squat day?

With regards to the bodyfat percentage - you should probably just forget you ever learned the phrase "bodyfat percentage". You don't actually know what it is, what it is going to be, and nobody here believes you are at 20%. It doesn't matter. Skew the weight gain toward muscle by training, and favoring protein and carbs over fat.

If you have to choose between squatting 4 plates and not having a belly temporarily, which would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by RealGlass View Post
    Ok everyone thanks for the help. I feel really skinny but also like my bodyfat is high. Maybe I just tend to store fat in my midsection genetically, I have no muscle compared to others who can lift numbers similar to me which is annoying. I've decided that I'll start eating in a surplus 2 weeks from now, in the meantime I'm going to read up on how many calories I should be eating to support the NLP (any advice?) and fix my form issues. Will break my diet with a pizza in 2 weeks and focus on nothing else until I'm squatting in the 500s and pulling in the 600s. Any advice appreciated.
    Hey man, one more thing when you read back through the good advice in this thread. DO NOT DIRTY BULK. You will get unhappy real fast. I did this on my first NLP 8 years ago and quit because I put on too much fat. Sounds like we have the same body type. I put on fat really quickly in my mid section and struggle to build muscle. You will be way better off eating 4000 calories of lean meat, rice, oats, skim milk, eggs, low fat dairy etc. Get 250 grams of protein and eat a good amount of complex non-processed carbs. Eat FOOD. Don’t eat pizza. Cook at home. Ask Robert Santana if you need food ideas. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jwbucha View Post
    Hey man, one more thing when you read back through the good advice in this thread. DO NOT DIRTY BULK. You will get unhappy real fast. I did this on my first NLP 8 years ago and quit because I put on too much fat. Sounds like we have the same body type. I put on fat really quickly in my mid section and struggle to build muscle. You will be way better off eating 4000 calories of lean meat, rice, oats, skim milk, eggs, low fat dairy etc. Get 250 grams of protein and eat a good amount of complex non-processed carbs. Eat FOOD. Don’t eat pizza. Cook at home. Ask Robert Santana if you need food ideas. Good luck.
    Ok sounds good, yeah I'm gonna do it properly without junk food. Though do you really think that its worth it for me to eat 4000 calories a day, thats about 1200 calories above my maintenance calories. I'll do it if its necessary for me to do the nlp properly but if I can eat less and get away with it I'd rather do that

starting strength coach development program
    Troll.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123