Squat shoes Squat shoes - Page 3

starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Squat shoes

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    363

    Default

    • starting strength seminar december 2023
    • starting strength seminar february 2024
    • starting strength seminar april 2024
    I use both the classics and the newer plastic sole design. My standard day to day is the classic wood sole version and the new design are my backups. I like the leather on the classics so it molds to your foot over time. With the wooded sole you can get the bottom surface replaced with a good shoe repair place. I've been lifting in Do Wins now for 5 years and have been happy. The only reason I upgrade to the classics was to treat myself for keeping on my lifting schedule. Sounds silly but it a way to reinforce new habits, hahaha.

    The only thing I've done after three years of use was replace the sole that was getting warn down year the wood structure and changed the laces to 45" kevlar version. The originals were way to long for my taste.

    I recommend them, so plan on possibly sending a pair back to get a different size. Make sure you get a size that works for you.

    PS: I wear 9E dress shoes and boots.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Oso Rojo; are you argentinian?

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLifter View Post
    Oso Rojo; are you argentinian?
    No, just an American mutt born down on the Mississippi delta. The nickname was giving to me by a friend of my wife who spoke Spanish and it stuck. I live on Long Island in NY.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Posts
    229

    Default

    According to this, Oso Rojo checks all the boxes...

    OSO ROJO | Genesource

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2023
    Posts
    7

    Default low-heeled lifting shoes for pettit feet

    Hi there,

    I saw a post asking about lifting shoes. I'd like to post mine.

    I'm about 5'2'' tall, and my shoe size is 3 US and 35 EU. (Yes, I buy children's shoes the majority of the time. )The heel-toe length ranges from 21.5cm to 22cm in the evening. I'm looking for a pair of lifting shoes that fit my feet, have a low heel height, and can be shipped to Europe. Asics lifting shoes have the lowest heel (0.5''), but I don't know how to get them. They are also beyond my budget (about 150 euros). I'd appreciate any suggestions.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oso Rojo View Post
    No, just an American mutt born down on the Mississippi delta. The nickname was giving to me by a friend of my wife who spoke Spanish and it stuck. I live on Long Island in NY.
    He gave you a nice nickname.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sssha View Post
    Hi there,

    I saw a post asking about lifting shoes. I'd like to post mine.

    I'm about 5'2'' tall, and my shoe size is 3 US and 35 EU. (Yes, I buy children's shoes the majority of the time. )The heel-toe length ranges from 21.5cm to 22cm in the evening. I'm looking for a pair of lifting shoes that fit my feet, have a low heel height, and can be shipped to Europe. Asics lifting shoes have the lowest heel (0.5''), but I don't know how to get them. They are also beyond my budget (about 150 euros). I'd appreciate any suggestions.
    Hi sssha,

    You might try the Do-Win Classic sold by Rogue. Its a ~.75 stacked leather heel, but a good cobbler may be able to modify the height for you. Consider showing the pictures to a few local cobblers first to see if they can assure you that the job is doable and that they understand exactly what you want.

    Unrelated note, but if the current iteration of these shoes lacks metal eyelets, consider paying your cobbler to install them when they do your heels. I think it improves the longevity of the shoe.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2023
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BareSteel View Post
    Hi sssha,

    You might try the Do-Win Classic sold by Rogue. Its a ~.75 stacked leather heel, but a good cobbler may be able to modify the height for you. Consider showing the pictures to a few local cobblers first to see if they can assure you that the job is doable and that they understand exactly what you want.

    Unrelated note, but if the current iteration of these shoes lacks metal eyelets, consider paying your cobbler to install them when they do your heels. I think it improves the longevity of the shoe.
    These shoes look really good. Unfortunately, the smallest size of these shoes is 4.5 US and 36.5 EU. I couldn't find lifting shoes for teenagers online, but some kids start training at a very young age. I'm curious where they got their lifting shoes

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sssha View Post
    These shoes look really good. Unfortunately, the smallest size of these shoes is 4.5 US and 36.5 EU. I couldn't find lifting shoes for teenagers online, but some kids start training at a very young age. I'm curious where they got their lifting shoes
    It's a bit over your budget, but this Czech website has a Chinese model, Anta, in your size. Weightlifting Shoes ANTA - black - WORKOUT.EU

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    399

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by BareSteel View Post
    Unrelated note, but if the current iteration of these shoes lacks metal eyelets, consider paying your cobbler to install them when they do your heels. I think it improves the longevity of the shoe.
    That's a really good idea - thanks. The plastic soled ones definitely lack eyelets, and that is a wear point.

    One of the ways my first shoes (from Sabo) tore up was that the eyelets started coming loose out of the holes. Any idea whether that's a matter of inferior shoe material, or is there anything to look out for on eyelets themselves?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •