Primal Training | Jim Steel Primal Training | Jim Steel

starting strength gym

Thread: Primal Training | Jim Steel

Default Primal Training | Jim Steel

• starting strength seminar december 2023
    • starting strength seminar february 2024
    • starting strength seminar april 2024
    Basic, raw strength has always appealed to me, a sort of casual super-strength that someone who is really “raw strong” can display without needing a bunch of stuff to help them. I always thought that it would be super cool to be able to walk into any gym wearing a shirt, shorts, and shoes, and lift heavy weights. No straps, wraps, sleeves, or belt needed.

Read more

I've heard of bench shirts, squat suits, etc., but I had to look up groove briefs... I'm guessing that's the reason for the specification in SS and other competition rules specifying non-compressive drawers, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Donaldson View Post
    I've heard of bench shirts, squat suits, etc., but I had to look up groove briefs... I'm guessing that's the reason for the specification in SS and other competition rules specifying non-compressive drawers, right?
    Yeah, I've seen guys get 100+lbs easily out of just a pair of briefs. Multi-ply powerlifters typically wear briefs under the squat suit during competitions, but many train in just briefs for most of the year.

>>>pre-workout drink back then named “Metaform Heat '' that would get your heart racing and make you want to pillage a village like a Berserker.<<

Ha! The world of ephedra!

I’m absolutely loving these articles from Jim Steel. Keep them coming!

I’m fairly new to serious strength training, my sport was road and track cycling. So I still remember my reaction to the knowledge that geared powerlifting was a thing. It was incredulity. Like really? Why? What meaning does it have to squat 800 lbs if you couldn’t even get close without the suit? I listened to Mark Bell discuss the Slingshot with Joe Rogan and was like, wtf? I try not to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kalin View Post
    I’m fairly new to serious strength training, my sport was road and track cycling. So I still remember my reaction to the knowledge that geared powerlifting was a thing. It was incredulity. Like really? Why? What meaning does it have to squat 800 lbs if you couldn’t even get close without the suit? I listened to Mark Bell discuss the Slingshot with Joe Rogan and was like, wtf? I try not to judge.
    I myself am a powerlifter and I do not understand geared powerlifting at all. Fortunately that side of the sport is completely dead. On the other hand, with raw lifting, we have 2" ROM sumo deadlifts and extreme wide-grip, high-arch "bench pressing", but I digress...