starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleep Study Results

Default Sleep Study Results

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I am always tired, no matter how much I sleep or how well I eat. I have had my T checked. It's normal. I also got a sleep study done and just got the results. No obstructive sleep apnea detected, however, I was consistently hypoxemic. SPO2 consistently below 88% with a low of 85%. Waiting on a call from my provider to discuss further. Anyone heard of, or dealt with, this before?

So you are hypoxic in the absence of a mechanism to explain it?

Coach, at this point in time, yes.

Did you have mono in your youth?

No, sir.

The normal range for T is hideously wide. "Normal" is just a statistical range from like 300-900 so even if you are in the normal range it could still be low for you, the individual.

So your oxygen saturation reached 85%?? It's strange that you haven't already passed out. Wait for the doctor's diagnosis and tell us.

Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLifter View Post
    So your oxygen saturation reached 85%?? It's strange that you haven't already passed out. Wait for the doctor's diagnosis and tell us.
    He *was* asleep at the time.

starting strength coach development program
    What kind of useful advice have you all been given after a sleep study? I've also basically always felt tired since at least my early college years, and I did a sleep study at 26 or so (so almost 14 years ago), since the insurance covered it. Their recommendations were to improve sleep hygiene and lose some weight because my wind pipe was getting blocked during sleep, oh and maybe to sleep on my side more often, or something useless like that. So, basically a bunch of generic advice I could've Googled to find on WebMD or LiveStrong.
    Yes I was probably naively hoping for some "magic pill" to solve my misery but this advice in retrospect reeked of check boxes and one-size-fits-all and just trying to blow money on medical procedures to keep Big Medicine chugging along.
    What kinds of useful diagnoses, advice, or solutions have any of you actually gotten out of one of these sleep studies?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast