starting strength gym

Thread: What should I do before getting my testosterone tested?

Default What should I do before getting my testosterone tested?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello all,

I ordered a testosterone test online. However, I have a few questions:

• How long should I fast for?
    • Should I wait one full day after a heavy workout?
    • What time should I take the test?

Also, what's the normal testosterone levels for a 19yo male?

Thanks for the answers,

Brendan

If you ordered the test, the people you ordered the test from should tell you these things.

I ordered just the single testosterone test from Wittmer Rejuvenation Clinic, and they told me exactly none of these things lol. Iíll shoot them an email and see what they say

I did one from a clinic, and they didn't tell me to do anything special, but when I spoke to an endocrinologist she had me do another test fasted first thing in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan Korpiel View Post
    I ordered just the single testosterone test from Wittmer Rejuvenation Clinic, and they told me exactly none of these things lol. Iíll shoot them an email and see what they say
    Itís on the order you get from the lab; you can either choose to have your blood drawn fasted or not. You have to tell them this when you make the appointment and then again when you go This is no different than when you have blood drawn for any other reason.

When you have your consult, Dr. Wittmer will tell you that for your follow-up draws, you should not have taken your treatment until after going to the lab.

starting strength coach development program
    I don't believe they tell you to follow and standard protocols before testing.
    However, you should record your physiological conditions prior to and at the time of testing.
    To get a highly accurate understanding of your levels, you may need to test a few times, spaced out by at least a week.