starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TRT for young male

Default TRT for young male

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    My 23 yo son has been not happy with life for quite a few years now. We’ve tried all forms of support (including psychologists/psychiatrists) There are patches when he’s upbeat but then for 60-70% of time he is very down on himself and wants to end things..
    He’s in the gym lifting 4 days pw, the only thing in life that gives him purpose.
    We had his testosterone checked recently, it was 400. Doctor of course said nothing to see here and wrote up a mental health plan. I don’t know if Dr Nichols has a view here. I have some testo-gel at home I could try on him. At 23 I don’t want to stuff him up hormone wise but also more importantly I don’t want him dead if it is simply low T.

I say this cautiously: What would it hurt to try the test cream? You'll know in 5 days if it's helping.

Can we know what the psychiatrist's diagnosis was at the time?

Thanks Rip, Iíll have the discussion with him.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLifter View Post
    Can we know what the psychiatrist's diagnosis was at the time?
    Good question.

First one a few yrs ago immediately went to prescription from a 15min video consult (Covid times), desperate we tried that for 2wks, didn’t improve anything, we ditched her and her drugs. The second in person visit more recent found no underlying condition, just social awkwardness and to engage more, he’s an introvert.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I say this cautiously: What would it hurt to try the test cream? You'll know in 5 days if it's helping.
    Iíve read that sometimes when people who are depressed take anti depressants, they end up committing suicide because it basically gave them the energy and drive to go through with it. That could definitely be a risk if he has underlying mental trauma or issues that heís not addressing

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    First one a few yrs ago immediately went to prescription from a 15min video consult (Covid times), desperate we tried that for 2wks, didn’t improve anything, we ditched her and her drugs. The second in person visit more recent found no underlying condition, just social awkwardness and to engage more, he’s an introvert.
    What was her prescription?

I canít find the detail, was a few years back and weíve moved since. I want to know also now as I wasnít as informed back then and didnít research it. Weíll ask when he goes back to the GP.

starting strength coach development program
    Why does he need to go back to the GP? Does he have Chicken Pox?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast