starting strength gym

Thread: Excuses | Jim Steel

Default Excuses | Jim Steel

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Excuses are everywhere, and of course we are all guilty of using them in many aspects of life. Even me.

What is inexcusable, in my opinion, is making excuses about why you canít get your training in.

Read more

Fantastic article.

Iím reminded of Paul, the gentleman who trained through chemo and terminal cancer and posted updates here. I recall he passed away in 2020 - I donít know if training extended his life but he sure as hell seemed to be having more fun with terminal cancer than a lot of people do without it.

I also recall another chemo patient that Jim Steel trained and wrote about in his blog.

The cell phone is the single greatest source of wasted time in the history of mankind. Eliminating phones in the gym setting would reduce workout times by at least a third which would also reduce excuses for missed workouts.

I will be trying the Steel 2 minute squat workout when in a pinch.

In the late 60's at the one barbell gym in our area I would see these "elderly" but strong guys walk in the gym in street clothes. One or two warmup sets of squats. Pile on more plates. One or two sets of 5-10. Unload the bar and leave. Never more than 15 minutes. I thought they were wasting their time. I was the one wasting time.

The second to last paragraph is fucking great and very relatable. Nice work Jim, Iím glad to see more articles from you lately.

"I’ll turn down an invitation to a social event because of my dislike for most people, and instead of telling them it’s because everyone at the place is soft and doesn’t deadlift, I’ll say I forgot or something came up."

Loved that part!

starting strength coach development program
    I appreciate you guys reading my stuff. This is the only place where you can not want to be around anyone who doesn't deadlift and everyone understands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost and Found View Post
    In the late 60's at the one barbell gym in our area I would see these "elderly" but strong guys walk in the gym in street clothes. One or two warmup sets of squats. Pile on more plates. One or two sets of 5-10. Unload the bar and leave. Never more than 15 minutes. I thought they were wasting their time. I was the one wasting time.
    I love this!