starting strength gym

Thread: The time has come. My clothes no longer fit.

Default The time has come. My clothes no longer fit.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I am happy to report that after about 7 months of LP my clothes no longer fit....jeans especially are very tight and uncomfortable due to my thighs and ass. I like the fact that I no longer need to wear a belt to keep my pants up. I am thinking of just going a size up in the waist, but wanted to see if anybody has any jean recommendations?

I've wore levi 569 for 20 some odd years in 32/32. I don't do "skinny" cut pants...

What are you heathens purchasing when it comes to jeans?

Right now I am reserved to wearing Red Kap shop shorts at the moment, and they are comfy and well made.

I wear these

I've been quite happy with Duluth Trading Company's pants (and shorts) for quite a while. Their fire hose material lasts very well, and I like their cargo pocket design.

They have some flex options, as well, which are even more comfortable.

Thanks for the recommendations. I will check them out. I usually wear shorts during the summer since I work outside, a good demin jean would be nice but I'm not dropping 350$ on a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I wear these
    I guess that is one way to go up two lbs.

For a while Levi's 514 fit me ok. AG is good, but pricier. Sometimes they have sales.

Some guys have had success buying one waist size larger than needed, which gives more thigh room, then having a tailor take in the waist. You can do that with about 1-2" of waist material before it starts to skew how the back pockets fit against the butt.

Do you wear dress pants to work? I can't find dress pants that fit me well. Something with a little spandex woven in would probably be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BareSteel View Post
    "For a while Levi's 514 fit me ok. AG is good ..."

"Some guys have had success buying one waist size larger than needed ..."

"Do you wear dress pants to work? I can't find dress pants that fit me well."
    I work in jean and a button up shirt. For me, I like Wrangler relaxed cut. I like Wranglers better than Levi because the pockets are wider spread so you don't sit on your tools in the back pockets as much.

For dress pants, I've had good luck with PaulFredrick.com. I was cutting down in sized to my current 34" but I still had some 36" waists. I have the local tailor cut down the waist but not the seat. So the 34" fit a bit trimmer but still tolerable and the cut down 36's have more seat and thighs.

I forgot to mention shirts. For short sleeve work shirts I find the Redhead brand from Cabela's/Bass Proshop to fit well in the shoulders without the yoke being way to wide and the waist is tapered a bit so they don't blouse out to much.

For dress shirts I gave up and got them made. I pay about $125 each but I don't wear many dress shirts these days.

starting strength coach development program
    Stretchy slim fit jeans from Primark for about 12/pair. I'm determined that my clothes won't outlive me.