starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limited Time

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    At 6'2" you need to weigh no less than 250 if you actually want to be strong.

Alright - changes I'll make are

- Workout after work
    - Prioritize a better diet and higher protein
    - Per Marks comment, aim for weight gain
    - More sleep on weekends

I will see how far I can get with this!

I wasn't aiming that high, so your input will help me change gears. I'll adjust my diet to aim for this.

Thanks for your input

When I said no room for error on diet, I meant you have to eat a LOT. It does have to be cleaner than it would if you were sleeping. But do not "clean up" your diet: that's giving you an excuse to subtract, rather than add. 300 grams of protein, man. Really. I know the studies say "one gram per pound". They're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    When I said no room for error on diet, I meant you have to eat a LOT. It does have to be cleaner than it would if you were sleeping. But do not "clean up" your diet: that's giving you an excuse to subtract, rather than add. 300 grams of protein, man. Really. I know the studies say "one gram per pound". They're wrong.
    300 grams is something I've never attempted so that will be a new challenge...currently my target is 230 so I'll have to switch that as well.

Little update:

It was going pretty smoothly at about 6 1/2 hours of sleep, 280-300 grams of protein; most recent lifts were 255 squat, 285 deadlift, 125 Press, 215 bench

I got a fairly mild sickness and failed my deadlift 290 and one set of the squats at 260 squat and missed a follow up workout. I guess my margin really is that thin...calorie count is likely a hindrance, too - only 3200-3600 calories per day.

I'm currently at 212lbs

J.D. Shipley is offline Owner, Starting Strength Houston

starting strength coach development program
    1. Are you trying run an NLP and, if so, how long have you been doing so?

2. Can you realistically and sustainably get a workout in 3x/wk AND do school AND work the hours you need to fund the things you need to AND get >7hrs sleep per night even on training days?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12