starting strength gym

Thread: Supernaut's Training Log

Default Supernaut's Training Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Evening all,

I?m Supernaut and would like to start a training log here if that?s ok. I injured my back in 2004 (SI joint/twisted pelvis) and have been trying to get back to normal ever since, it comes and goes and more recently, apart from the odd aches and pains, is mainly gone.

The problem is the pain made me lose my appetite which in turn made me lose a lot of weight. So, the main purpose of my training is to put weight on and get stronger and hopefully in doing so, stabilize my hips and lower-back.

Training

I aim to start off with a full-body routine and see how that goes. I?m torn between that and a 2 upper/2 lower type workout but think I?ll stick with a squat based full-body routine, something like:

A
    Squat
    Dips
    Chins or rows

B
    Squat
    OHP
    Deadlift

All done 3 X 5 alternated ABA BAB.

I train at home so can?t do some exercises I would like to do because I don?t have the gear, so no bench.

Diet

Nothing too over-complicated; plenty of calories, plenty of protein. I?m going to try eating like a horse after training and maybe a bit less the rest of the time. I?m not going to bother with supplements apart from fish oil and ZMA. Whey makes me bloat and so do liquid eggs so it?s real food and lots of milk for me.

I should also point out that I?ve become very weak, I mean WEAK so my weights are still low.

I?m 6 ft 3 inches tall and weigh 175Ibs. I would like to get up to 200Ibs and then go from there. Thanks for reading.

Supernaut

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=44hNwWCKgpI

Monday 5th January

Squats

Bar X 10
    Bar X 10
    88 X 10
    110 X 5
    132 X 5
    148 X 5
    148 X 5
    148 X 5

OHP

Bar X 10
    Bar X 10
    66 X 5
    88 X 5
    88 X 5
    88 X 5

Deadlift

88 X 10
    110 X 5
    132 X 5
    154 X 5
    176 X 5

Realised that I said in my first page that I was doing 3 X 5 but deadlift I'm just going to work up to 1 set of 5

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xm3SykupD0