starting strength gym
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MisspelledGeoff's Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    squats

300 x 5 x 3

went up another 10# as warmups felt good again. set felt heavy but good. put bar low on back with elbows up.

press

122.5 x 5 x 3

started using my magnetic microplates. changing technique to breathe at the bottom of each rep instead of at top. also i am making sure the grip is narrow enough so forearms are vertical at bottom

chins

bw x 2.5
    bw x 2
    bw x 1.5

gained several pounds since last chin. left bicep irritated again but not as bad as last time.

squat (mid week light day--80% of last workout)

245 x 5 x 3

videotaped my lifts. form looked like shit. squats looked like good mornings and above parallel.

bench

215 x 5 x 3

keeping up the 5# linear progression. felt pretty good

deadlift

350 x 5 x 1

heavy.

squats

225 x 5 x 3

wow. i've been squating for two months now at least 6 inches above parallel. had to drop 75 #'s to do them right without failing.

my ass can be no more than 16 " off the ground for my hips to be below parallel. until i burn the feeling into my memory, i'll be squating with two bench boards under my ass. a cue that might help me is 'knees in armpits' becasue that's kind of what it feels in the right low position.

i dropped down to 225 after doing two sets of 275 above parallel. what's wierd is that at 225 my ass feels more fatigued than 275, but my lower back feels great.

press

125 x 5 x 3

right rotator cuff was painful. keeeping elbows forward, especially in eccentric phase, helps a lot

chins

BW x 2.9, 1.9, 2

squat

235 x 5 x 3

working off reset to square one. my form is probably still not right, but goddammit I'm below parallel. felt good. i should be able to go another 10# friday night.

bench press

220 x 5 x 3

last rep was tough each set. i want 225 next bench workout but may have to microload. we'll see

powerclean

175 x 3 x 2
    175 x 2 x 5

yeah it's not the fucking program. i changed it to doubles instead of triples when i missed the third rep on the third set. kinda like doing the doubles. 10# increase over last time.

squat

245 x 5 x 3

felt pretty good. i should precede my w/o with 4 pints of Blue Moon more often must remember to keep stance a couple of inches past shoulder width. this really helps me drop my ass down and then drive up out of the hole.

press

130 x 5 x 3

went 5 # increase because warmups felt light. remembered to squeeze traps at top. felt pretty good. need my triceps stronger tho.

chins

BW x 2.8, 2, 2

ima fat fuck.

squat

255 x 5 x 3

felt pretty good. i should have at least 1 or 2 more workouts with 10# increases before stepping back to 5#. still using 16" worth of 2x4's to guage depth--trying to make sure i just tap my perineum (sp?) on the board before the drive up

bench press

225 x 5 x 3

actually surprised i got this. moved my grip in so my middle finger is on the power ring. way too wide before. plus last bench workout was tough. it's microloading from here out though.

deadlift

305 x 5 x 1

working off reset. felt very easy. double overhand grip for all reps. grip felt plenty strong.

265 x 5 x 3

felt pretty good. last reps of last sets barely went up. time for 5# increases next workout.

press

132.5 x 5 x 3

first set looked in the silly fucking mirror at myself. found a way to twinge my rotator cuff on each rep. barely and i mean barely, got the reps. last two sets i looked at the floor. went up easy with no pain at all.

powerclean

180 x 2r x 4s
    180 x 1 x 1 (failed second rep)
    167.5 x 3r x 3s

i was stupidly aggressive on adding weight. last full 3r x 5s was at 165. the 167.5 at the end of the sets felt very good. next time i'll go for 170 at 3r x 5s.

Quote Originally Posted by misspelledgeoff View Post
    squat

bench press

225 x 5 x 3

actually surprised i got this. moved my grip in so my middle finger is on the power ring. way too wide before. plus last bench workout was tough. it's microloading from here out though.
    You're at 225 on your bench, and you haven't started microloading yet? Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.City View Post
    You're at 225 on your bench, and you haven't started microloading yet? Wow
    barely got 225 though. next workout is definetly 2.5# per. and how embarrassing is it that my squat is barely 20% above my bench.

starting strength coach development program
    squats

270 x 5r x 3s

getting to the point where i'm close to failing unless I'm getting the hip drive. set 2 i got the hip drive and it felt great. sets 1 and 3 not so much. must remember get the bounce and drive. think i'm going down too gingerly and slow--no bounce.

bench press

227.5 x 5r x 3s

felt good.

deadlift

315 x 5r x 1s

felt good. double overhand grip. grip felt very strong.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast