Summer and Autumn's Training Review.

Been a while since I've done one of these; stopped them over the summer because I was doing Madcow's 5x5 and since that had progression laid out clearly via exact weights to use on every set. Best progress I've made all my life on the bench, and squat progress was pretty good too. But I got a little bored of that so I decided to, foolishly, just try my own thing. Experience shows that that never works, so I planned to return to set programming.

But then autumn came and hence university ensued before I really got a chance, so I didn't really have time for a set training schedule. And now that I'm getting ass raped with coursework and projects, and I'll soon have job interviews too, this is even more so.

So I'll be dropping my training down to twice a week. It'll be full body and I'll be absolutely destroying myself. I'll be doing ramping sets for squats and bench press, up to a max triple of five, with one back off set during if I'm doing a triple. For assistance I'll just be doing sets across, sometimes deliberately to failure since the point is to really beat myself up, and with deadlifts I'll be continuing with the deficits for a single set of five, once per week.

I've lost a bit of ground on the bench press and this pisses me off. I know that I'll need to bench both days if I want to get better at it, but this means putting overhead work on the back foot, sadly. But oh well...