starting strength gym
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: msingh's log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I actually wonder if this is a legitimate log, or just another attempt at creating an arguement among the community.

Look, no-one here knows the mystery behind your fat gain, other than the fact that you strangely decided to keep it up whilst watching your waist size skyrocket. Rip has stated numerous times he doesnt want people getting nothing but fatter and has suggested dietry changes to reflect that

http://startingstrength.com/resource...13&postcount=2

Still you stuck to it. Nevertheless it isnt the end of the world - your body doesnt need additional calories as you already have them.

Eat a cleaner and more tightly regulated diet. If you don't feel like doing it, then tough shit pal - would you miss a squat session because you don't feel like it?

I wouldn't be surprised if the answer was yes.

I'm glad i made this thread. When you guys tell someone to eat clean, it means it really is time to do something about my problem. I'm starting straight away, just not sure what foods to keep and what not to, and what calories to aim for. Maybe i should try to get that ultimate diet 2.0 book. I like the idea of body recomp, which i've never heard of until now.

Confirmed with a tape measure.. 46 inch waist. Wow.

No more 70s big shakes, cutting down on the milk, no more junk food. Lets see what happens.
    Last edited by msingh; 12-03-2009 at 05:43 AM.

I'm calling complete BS. He posted on 11/11/09 on the CF forum that he was 5' 11" and 83kg (~183 lbs.). Somehow he has put on 60 lbs. and grew an inch?

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showth...340#post694340

That's someone else sweetheart. When i deadlift 145 kg and bench 85 kg rest assured i'll post it here first. I've never been to england and i have almost nothing in common with that poster except what two random smith's or jones' would have on the internet. thanks though.
    Last edited by msingh; 12-03-2009 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msingh View Post
    just not sure what foods to keep and what not to, and what calories to aim for. [/U]
    Lyle specs out exactly how to determine how many calories and he tells you what kind you need and when...and then he has a forum just like Rip's for Q&A...he also has warnings in there that this IS NOT an easy or fun diet.

Quote Originally Posted by msingh View Post
    I didn't say they didnt know anything, clearly they know much about many things, but very few of them know anything about a fat guy doing SS. If they did, they'd know better from experience than to try advise them to do SS while already fat. That's the thing. Just today someone made a new log and he's 260 lb at 5'10 -- jokers like groff encourage him to become 70s big. great, am i the only one who sees what's wrong with this picture?? So if i can share something i've learnt from experience then what's wrong with that?

I wish i had taken 2-3 months off to take off 22 lb before beginning SS, then i'd have been around 190 lb at 13-15% bf, and doing SS would have worked beautifully for me, even if i did stack on an extra 20 lb of fat. is that soo controversial?

fat guys shouldnt get fatter by trying to eat big and lifting heavy. they should get skinny and then eat big and lift heavy...
    If that is the case, then why did I start SS at around 241 lbs and am now 230ish? People even asked how much weight I lost when I first started SS. Skinny guys eat massive bulking diets. We don't.
    Last edited by Mr.City; 12-03-2009 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbie View Post
    Lyle specs out exactly how to determine how many calories and he tells you what kind you need and when...and then he has a forum just like Rip's for Q&A...he also has warnings in there that this IS NOT an easy or fun diet.
    From the UD2 page:

"Please note: the UD2 is an advanced diet for advanced dieters and is only for those seeking very low levels of body fat. A male should be at 12-15% body fat or lower and females at 21-24% body fat or lower prior to considering the UD2. As well trainees must have at least 6 months of consistent training in the weight room under their belt before they even consider the UD2."

While the UD2 is interesting, I don't think it's really warranted in this case..

I think in this case what is warranted is this:

Drink milk and water.
    Eat meat (fish,beef,chicken, etc.), fruit, and vegetables.

Cut out pizzas and bread.

Ok thanks for the advice guys. mrcity, you've inspired me to continue. if i eat clean, what can i do to avoid my body using the protein i consume for energy rather than for muscle maintenance and building?

i'm open to suggestions about what to include in my diet.. please feel free to suggest things like pbjorge12 has. I must say changing the mindset from 'me hungry me eat what me want' will be hard to do. found myself struggling with finding something healthy to eat last night. oh well, i'll adapt.
    Last edited by msingh; 12-03-2009 at 07:57 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    I suggest reading Robb Wolf's blog... and after reading through your log, I thought I'd bring it back up: PALEO.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast