starting strength gym
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The big, hairy asian's log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Nice, dude! 5 more pounds and you'll tie my 3x5 PR! I am probably nowhere close to it right now, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob cloud View Post
    Nice, dude! 5 more pounds and you'll tie my 3x5 PR! I am probably nowhere close to it right now, though.
    Damn, well if all goes as planned, I'll have 5lbs on yours by monday. I'm coming after your 506 squat! I don't know about catching your deadlift though. I am going to try using a strap with my right hand so I can go heavy (I know, VAG).

Dude, your grip is already MUCH stronger than mine, don't sweat using a strap for a couple weeks while your hand heals. I don't think I've ever even double overhanded 405. I'm sure your DL will surprise ya, I see 500/550+ in the very near future man, and that's not to mention the stellar BP/OHP. Now if only I could catch back up a little! What are you weighing?

I was 235 friday morning, 240 this morning. Got to love having 3 family meals on Easter. I hope you are right about the deadlift, haha. There is an APF meet up here May 15th. If my hand doesn't hurt I want to compete. Damn meet is way down in Aberdeen though. I need to check the registration deadline, I just found out about it today.

Get on it man!

I'm floating around a fat 247. Need to get below 240 and train for a meet in June/July @ 242, then make the move to 220 if I can...the more I watch your log, the more I realize I need to sack up and get back into a simple SS style a/b workout scheme and milk linear gains back to some PRs. Damnit.

Seriously man, I bet you would be back up to PR territory with a couple weeks of linear progress. I'm goin to milk my bastardized version of the advanced novice as long as I can.
    Shit, 220? That seems so light now after working so hard to get past there. I have considered dropping to like 225 though. Just to try strongman and not be in the heavier weight class. But that isn't a priority. Either way, I'll probably go for 250 this winter...

See, I've been around or over 250 for the majority of the past...5 or so years? And not on purpose. I got down to 220 for like a week last year, was just about as strong, and felt a lot better. I don't really have the upper body frame for much more than 225ish and anything resembling sorta lean. We'll see. I'm in no rush, I just figure 600/600 at 275 or 242 isn't much, but it's respectable in the 220 class, ya know? Yeah, gonna draw up my own bastardized linear program tonight and start hitting it. I'll go ahead and make a log on here too.

I always image Doug Young when I read this log. I have it has to do with the hairy bit in the thread title.

4-6: not black (or tall, confused, white guy)

Basketball - I was not meant to play this sport. 20min. intense, good little workout I wasn't planning on. Don't plan to play again for a long time.

Shit Jacob! Way to make it harder for us to feel good about our accomplishments, haha. My goals for 2010 are 585/600...and if that means in the 242 or 275 class, then so be it. I will cut to 220's and be competitive later (although I may never be competitive in any class, at least strong enough to throw fags in Affliction shirts).
    City, I find that a HUGE compliment regaurdless of your reason. Although inaccurate since I am half asian. I do have a killer beard though. My friends say I am the biggest asian they have ever seen besides fat sumo looking ones. Though I guess that's not hard since asians are little.

starting strength coach development program
    Nice pun there. Btw, you're 4'6?

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast