starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Z.K.P's Squats, Milk, Beef....and Beer.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Did a front squat with 315 today. Everything else blew but I'm thinking it's time for a deload week....been three hard weeks at least behind me. Will update again tomorrow. Lots of thoughts towards training max's as opposed to true max's.....

Whats up players? Anyway here's whats new...

GoodMorning- 3rm 305, 1rm 320

Log press 1rm log+70...this will be broken today, by Odin's beard....

Deadlift 435x3... shoulder the weak link

BBRow 205x5 thick

Ugly power clean 205x3 thick

Squat 475x 1.....leaves some to be desired but, we'll call it good. Deep but not pretty.

eating better these days, wasting away to 230........hope everyone's training is going well......ZKP

You're alive. Glad to see you're still lifting heavy. Thought you might have taken your log else where man. Looks like you're mixing it up a bit. Pretty badass that there are logs and thick bars at your gym.

Variety is the spice of life my friend, plus all this other shit makes the big three fun again when you cycle back to them, plus I'm always doing something so damn close to the core movement itself the carry over is nice. Everything is up....

Default Take a Hike!

starting strength coach development program
    I love to camp. Love it. You just cant bring a barbell set along. Now before anybody quotes "Education of a Bodybuilder" by Conan, I'll say yes, I've read it, and no that's not what I mean. I mean a good 65 liter pack, jerky, Peanut Butter, water and, well, camping. The cooler is great to hike back to and get messy drunk on the last night, when you have running water, but not out in the woods. Ok, maybe a flask, but you get my drift. I've noticed that this year, I've been camping so far 5 times, and I have managed to lose 20 lbs not trying. Some progress has slowed.....But I can walk "can't see to can't see" with a 50-70 lb pack(depending on what day out) on, with very little trouble, comparatively. Diet? Jerky, Spam, beans, Beer, Coffee, eggs, Gorp (Good Old Raisins and Peanuts), Oranges, apples (at first) and hot dogs like a motherfucker, and lots and lots but not enough water. This may in fact be the secret to being lean. Going outside, traveling around, doing hard shit. My squat is down a little, or are my legs just stronger in a different way? I feel that a week or 10 days of chicken fried anything and 10 hours of sleep a night would increase my squat again even moreso......but for now, this is just fine. One must remember the different ends of the metabolic spectrum! I can only imagine how much easier it would be at 210?! Just a thought....
    Last edited by ZKP; 06-03-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: grammar

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123