starting strength gym
Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: gzt is mostly wasting time

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    It's more because my shoulder and elbow complain about the low bar. It was my first meet. I think this middle placement, however, should work fine. It's just some experimentation because I was taking it a little easy this week before jumping back into full linear progression mode. Anyway. The next few weeks will be driving my squat and presses up hard, getting some light snatches in occasionally, and occasionally jerking. Then I'll switch over to a more Olympic template.
    Last edited by gzt; 04-16-2010 at 10:06 PM.

I was bored and the wife had the tape out for sewing stuff, so I took some anthropometric measurements. Upper arm 16", forearm 13", thigh (standing) 28.5", calf (standing) 16.5", chest at least 48 (difficult to correctly measure solo), waist 40" (a little more around the navel). If I cared about that sort of thing, I'd need more arm mass and a more trim waist. Though with optimum performance, I'd have bigger arms and a slimmer waist. This is the lamest post I will ever make on this forum. I promise. I feel so dirty.

Edit: 48" was under armpits. Wife measured 44" chest for jacket. That's kind of small.
    Last edited by gzt; 04-17-2010 at 10:14 AM.

Squat 325x3x5. Bar path wobbled maybe an inch at times. Not efficient. My knees are complaining.

Bench 180x3x5 In retrospect, I was supposed to do 182.5.

Cleans 190x5x3 On set 4, I didn't make the first one, so I waited a minute and then did all three. Elbows were turning over slow.

EDIT: It's time to trim the beard, it's getting caught in the power cleans. I should also not be looking down that much when I catch.
    Last edited by gzt; 04-18-2010 at 02:06 PM.

Sounds like you've got quite a beard going. Does it get pushed in your eyes on the upward movement of your overhead press?

It's not really that long. It's about an inch. But when I look down, it touches the shirt collar, and that's about where the bar is on the catch. I shouldn't be looking down on the catch anyway....

Squat 330x3x5 back to where I was before the meet and where I was before Lent.

Press 117.5x3x5 easy.

Power C + J: 95 for a few, 115 for a few, 145 for a couple, 165 for a couple, 175, 185, 195X (press out), 195, 200, 170 for 3. Looking pretty decent. Easing into heavy overheads so I don't tear up my AC joint.

Did a few curls and pushdowns because my elbow feels better afterward. I'm recovering from being the sort of guy whose elbows got beaten up on squats, I'm a lot better now. For those who are wondering, I was, like, bending the bar across my back. This is not a good idea if you want happy elbows. So I'm not doing that anymore. And my elbows are recovering. Still mildly irritated by the squats, but less so each time.

Hey man, looks like you've got some competition...Msingh is planning on outsquatting you by the end of the year. Just a heads up

I'm famous, I guess. I'll be happy for him if he ever gets to 330x3x5 or a competition squat of 182.5kg, both modest goals.

Squats 335x3x5. On set 2, I wasn't sure whether I had done 4 or 5, so I did another. I'm pretty sure that I got 6 on that set.

Bench 182.5x3x5 Last rep on every set was a grinder. On set 1, same deal as squat set 2. I need to learn to count.

Deadlift 375x5. I cleaned up to 225# during warmups. I meant to power clean 225, but I had to meet the bar low and ride it down.

I did some kurlz afterward with a 95# barbell. It was there on a squat stand all loaded up, so why not?

starting strength coach development program
    Squats 340x3x5. Warming up knees felt like crap. First set, knees felt like shit. Second set, knees felt terrible, but it was a little easier. Third set, I felt like I was going to die.

Press 120x3x5

Cleans 195x5x3 Knees felt like crap through warmups. I jerked my warmups. Footwork was slow, pressed out a few reps. Always the right side. That's also the side that gives me trouble on presses. Considered being a pussy after warmups. Wasn't a pussy. Did prescribed weights. Went home.

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast