starting strength gym
Page 144 of 659 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244644 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 6584

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Thanks to the technical efforts of Dearly Beloved, who is almost more amped about this than me, these are the results of my efforts.

The first one makes it look all too easy at 415. http://youtu.be/UEx_SSgRfR4

The second one is a little longer and you get to see some of my idiosyncrasies like shaking out my hands. Something I do at odd moments to release tension. http://youtu.be/-ICzZtIS4_Q
    Mark, those are great lifts! They looked easy, man. This week, I tried to hit 400x2 but failed both times. First DL failure since August when I was on a business trip working out at a gym without chalk. I was pretty pissed, but seeing your lifts just now, I want to get back into the gym and give it another go at 400, and then at 405. Thanks for the videos!

Nice deadlift, Geezerman.

Thank you gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Thanks to the technical efforts of Dearly Beloved, who is almost more amped about this than me, these are the results of my efforts.

The first one makes it look all too easy at 415. http://youtu.be/UEx_SSgRfR4

The second one is a little longer and you get to see some of my idiosyncrasies like shaking out my hands. Something I do at odd moments to release tension. http://youtu.be/-ICzZtIS4_Q
    Woohooo! Who's da man? MEH is da man! Nice PR. They both looked easy and you did them like a natural deadlifter!

Thank you sir.

Getting that form to that point took months of setting in. Never would have happened without stef.

Nice deadlifts, Mark.

Those lifts both looked so easy! Wow! I shake out my hands also, btw.

Thanks Helgi. Before I cash out, I may possibly get into your own rarified territory. Hell of a long way from the Hardgainer Forum, huh?

The first one was scary easy, just like it looked. The second one took a little more out of me, and although I considered trying 5-10 more pounds:

1. There was no room left on the end of the bar and I didn't want to reload the plates. (which of course means I have to use iron plates from now on)

2. I just didn't want to end the day on a flat note. Better to go out on a rising note of triumph like the building sound of "Thus Sprach Zarathustra."

Shaking out the hands now. I'm not sure where I picked that up along the way. I suspect it's something from MA but since I started them in shorei goju at 15 and did them on and off ever since, it's origin has disappeared into the mists of time for me.

Weight: 251.5

5 minutes warmup on the bike (week 1 @75% of 1RM)

Standing Overhead Press: 125, 3 sets of 2.

Barbell Row: 205, 3 sets of 2.

Claw Grip: 255, 2 sets of 5.

Stretched.

starting strength coach development program
    Weight: 250.5

Jujitsu last night was more working with the kidlets who actually focused in and got down to business. I had to make some technique corrections for a few because despite seeing the techniques for a few months now, they still haven't figured out where their hands go and how to grip effectively. Ah well.

The adult class had me working with a green belt and polishing his choking techniques. I'm still a little dizzy from it.
    Last edited by Mark E. Hurling; 12-06-2012 at 10:02 AM.