starting strength gym
Page 380 of 659 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390430480 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 6584

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Nice reading about you finding your friend after so long time, and I really wish for you a recovered back

Weight: 261.5. Easing back into it.

Push Press: 120 lbs. for 3 sets of 5.

High Pulls: 135 lbs. for 3 sets of 3.

Cable Rotations: 50 lbs. for 3 sets of 8.

External Rotations: 30 lbs. 3 sets of 8.

Stretched. This session ran 44 minutes and burned 451 calories. Avg. HR was 127 bpm @ 82% of MHR with a peak of 139 bpm.

Weight: 263.

Experiments in LISS. Hit the SciFit arm bike. Stretched. Session ran 32 minutes with a 261 calorie burn. Average HR was 115 bpm @ 74% of MHR.

Weight: 261.5.

Experiments in LISS (continued)

I took what was supposed to be a leisurely walk around Lake on the Campus to last 30 minutes. Apparently, I need to learn what a leisurely pace is because my Average HR was 125 bpm @ 81% of MHR. Given that LISS is generally considered to be 60-70% of MHR, I need to ease up a little. Session lasted 27 minutes due to further timing errors and burned 263 calories.

Well now. Let's just see what, if any, trollery will ensue from the buttheads that inhabit this forum with some implied form of pedophilia.

First session of Summer Jujitsu tonight. I was warned about this by the Karate Sensei, things get slow in Summer. The kid I promoted to blue belt showed up. The adult woman called me last night to let me know that Summer events would keep her busy and maybe she'd be back in the Fall.

We reviewed white belt technique as a refresher, which he needed a little. He began with terrible footwork, but his single biggest improvement was his ability to step and move better during the drill reviews. Something that will stand him in good stead soon enough when he gets interested in girls and the requisite dance gatherings the young that age use to get to know the opposite sex differently.

Then on to blue belt techniques. These are more complicated, involving more coordinated strings of movements and whole body use of superior inflicted leverages on the weak points of an attacker. He was frustrated at first, but he's a smart kid. When I told him to think in terms of angles and geometries it seemed to click in for him better. Then he laughingly groused about thinking math was over for him now that school was out.

At the end of class he asked about buying a gi. I told him that he can wear street clothes with the obi (blue belt) I awarded him out of my own pocket as long as he wants. But that a gi would cost $40. I added that this was a decision and step he should discuss with his parents. When or if they and he feels ready, then let me know and I will order it for him.

Weight: 261. Easing back into it.

OHP: 120 lbs. for 3 sets of 5.

Deadlifts: 225 lbs. for 3 sets of 3.

Hammer Curls: 75 lbs. for 3 sets of 8.

DB Crunches 50 lbs. 3 sets of 8.

Stretched. This session ran 52 minutes and burned 456 calories. Avg. HR was 117 bpm @ 76% of MHR with a peak of 131 bpm.

I dropped TBDLs and went back to conventional deadlifts. The Rogue trapbar was always getting stashed behind some other equipment that took a few minutes to dig it out of. Plus, the zen like concentration required to get precisely centered in the frame to prevent rocking was annoying after a time. Then too, it didn't seem to save my back all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post

I dropped TBDLs and went back to conventional deadlifts. The Rogue trapbar was always getting stashed behind some other equipment that took a few minutes to dig it out of. Plus, the zen like concentration required to get precisely centered in the frame to prevent rocking was annoying after a time. Then too, it didn't seem to save my back all that much.
    Thats good to know, I tried farmers walk and noticed that it felt bad for my back when I lowered it, so I just dropped it to save my back. Its a similar movement to the trap bar I think.

Weight: 260.

LISS, LISS, and more LISS.

I mixed things up today with some walking around the Rec Center trying random bikes and ellipticals interspersed with some heavy bag striking drills from Mushin Ryu. I'm still trying to get the lower intensity right, because my avg. HR was 117 bpm @ 76% of MHR. The bag drills spiked it to over 126 bpm. The routine ran 31 minutes and burned 267 calories.

Despite not quite mastering the lower intensity target range as yet, I'm liking this ad hoc approach to cardio. Less boring and less wearing.

Mark, I'm sorry to invade your training log, but I would like to apologize to you for all of the E&P insults. I also want to wish you the best on your
    Highland Games endeavors. All of the history and traditions make the Highland Games one of the coolest strength sports.
    Again, I want to apologize for all of my bullshit.

Stay Strong.

starting strength coach development program
    Thank you Shug. I appreciate your good manners in this matter and I wish you good luck in pursuit of your own goals. I am glad to have the unpleasantness that has been going on between us at an end.

Good luck to you as well.