starting strength gym
Page 392 of 659 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442492 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 6584

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    265? Dear Lord, a shadow of your former self!

Yep, when faced with a knife, run. Even if you're armed with a gun, run. At least to gain separation to draw and defend yourself. Me? I see a knife and I'd leave even Usain Bolt behind. People would die laughing watching me running the 100 meter dash in 8.5 seconds with a drawn pistol and still picking up speed!

Gun disarms are less hazardous than taking on a knife. Just get offline of the muzzle, which is easier than anyone thinks (assuming the bad guy gets right up close to you) and the barrel or slide provides a great span for levering it out of the hand and breaking the wrist if gripped too persistently.

Weight: 266.

Went on a stroll along the snake road for my LISS today. Brutal heat and humidity (90 and 90) probably accounted for an elevated HR. It kept me on a short leash of 32 minutes burning 214 calories with an average HR of 119 bpm @ 77% of MHR.

I didn't see any snakes but did get a shot of a 2 foot intact skin along the road along with a few thumb sized frogs. The view of the looming bluffs was awesome and no one else was there this morning. A mere 40 minute drive from home. But then this explains it all better than I could anyway.

That's a neat area to live close to, thanks for sharing.

I spent the last two years of retirement researching stuff in lower Illinois. I knew a little about it from having gone to school and later being a cop here. But, understandably, my primary focus then was mostly around Carbondale. When I started looking around the other counties in The Land Between the Rivers (great photos of the area in it) I was salivating over the prospect of exploring them. I've barely scratched the surface. Hell, just driving the roads in this neck of the woods is a scenic adventure. There are youtubes of every area I researched.

I want to get over to Hicks Dome which might be the remains of an old volcano on the East side of this region, but then again, other theories are that it might be a meteor crater. This Spring I want to go looking for seasonal waterfalls. There's an e-book on them, but then a simple Google search turns up quite a few too.

Weight: 267.5.

LISS today was rounds of the rower and SciFit and stretching. Session ran 42 minutes burning 241 calories with an average HR of 113 bpm @ 73% of MHR and a peak of 122 bpm.

Southern Illinois is a unique place. Murphysboro is the BBQ capital of Illinois and the Praise the Lard BBQ Festival is being held this week. Just got back from meeting a fellow SS-er who is competing.

What does the checkmark mean? I noticed this under your name... ✓ Member

It means he forgets a lot, member?

starting strength coach development program
    Something to do with being a registered member. I imagine others are forthcoming.