starting strength gym
Page 396 of 659 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406446496 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 6584

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Weight: 262.

Some random LISS with bad flurries, SciFit, medicine ball, recumbent bike, and rower. Finished with stretches. Session was 43 minutes burning 324 calories with an average HR of 111 @ 72% of MHR and a peak HR of 124 bpm.

Woke up yesterday feeling like I had been hit by a truck. My chiro squeezed me in and he and his staff of body reassembly technicians wanted to hear all about the Games. I got a painful 30 minute massage and then some vigorous adjustments and I felt and feel much better. Which enable me to finish a belt for Jeff in thanks for the loan and assembly of the kilt and to get to the gym today. Gotta PM Hanley for some training advice.

Nice post on the games.You deserve much credit for competing .And showing us how you stayed married all these years.

Thanks Jerry. I got a flash drive with videos from Jeff at scotch and cigar club tonight. Now I gotta figger out how to post them.

Weight: 261. Woo-hoo!

Only E. showed up tonight. So I had a chance to work on refining his technique and more fully explaining circular vs. linear counters to circular vs. linear attacks. That, and an introduction to ki by explaining energy flows and how to focus them with using finger pointing while executing techniques. We worked over Dave with uppercuts, dead hand, and vertical fist strikes. That striking dummy is invaluable in showing where to hit with what kind of strike and why. I detailed out how to rotate the wrists around the point of grab by the attacker to bypass their linear force.

Session was 60 minutes with an average HR of 102 bpm @ 66% of MHR and a peak of 136. The latter from me wrestling Dave (the Bob) back into the storage room.

A virtual shadow of your former self!

I'll be somewhat satisfied when I get back to 220. That's when that fucking Tanita scale went out of calibration and lead me down the garden path for a few years. Goddam Japs.

Weight: 265. Two steps forward, one step back. For now.

My left wrist got boogered up. Not entirely sure why or how, but the Games could have played a role, followed up by catching an 18 lb. medicine ball on Tuesday and Jujitsu on Wednesday. It flared up me yesterday, keeping me resting in hopes of waking up OK. No such luck, the bastard kept me waking up on and off all night. So LISS today was comprised of what I thought I could handle with a bum wrist. Some careful attention allowed me to use the SciFit and rower along with walking and stretches. Session was 45 minutes long burning 299 calories with an average Hr of 105 bpm @ 68% of MHR and a peak HR of 119 bpm.

I got home and found my wrist wraps from powerlifting that I never really used. The competitors in the Games were using the same kind of wrist wraps and assured me they were legal under the rules.

Weight: 265.

A shortened session today, DB got bored with the SIU homecoming parade and called for me to pick her up early. Today was very easy upper body emphasis on the arm bike and rower with no legs involved. It ran 34 minutes burning 218 calories with an average HR of 103 bpm @ 67% of MHR and a peak of 112 bpm.

Weight: 262.5.

I've continued to lay low with a bum left hand. It got so bad overnight on Saturday I bought a brace. It's still swollen, but good enough today to do some more LISS. I may try lifting tomorrow. Today consisted of full body stuff with rounds of the rower, SciFit, Jacobs Ladder, and arm involved elliptical. The ladder was a bad idea because my hand started objecting immediately so I cut that short after a minute. All in all, 47 minutes burning 401 calories with average HR of 118 bpm @ 77% of MHR and a peak HR of 135 bpm. My heart rate was elevated today for some reason.

starting strength coach development program
    Weight: 260.

Easing back into the iron.

Push Press: 115 for 3 sets of 5.

Power Snatch: 65 and 95 for sets of 3. I stopped because my hand was feeling some strain.

External Rotations: 40 for 3 sets of 8.

Session was 44 minutes burning 400 calories with an average HR of 120 bpm % 78% of MHR and a peak of 136 bpm.