starting strength gym
Page 397 of 659 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407447497 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 6584

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Thanks for the entertaining story from the game. I also read your reports from the training of kiddos.

Glad you enjoyed it. I have had a couple of people, one who left this site, and one who returns to haunt this place from time to time, use my reports of teaching the kids to imply that I practice pedophilia here.

I'm still working on posting photos and videos. Haven't figgered it out yet. There are three good images of me picking and preparing to toss the caber.

Weight: 261.

I had the teen blue belts alternating leading warmups and drills tonight as part of their learning how to teach. It also took a little off my LISS but that's fine. I had E. teaching the the graduate student K. white belt techniques while I worked on G.'s blue belt form. He's coming along better and has learned to modulate his control even if he still talks too much. Progress is incremental. I caught G. and K. up on the striking techniques I worked E. on last week and added the ridge hand strike. A much unappreciated low sneak attack on the balls when the hands are up and eyes are engaged at head level.

I got 60 minutes burning 339 calories at an average HR of 94 bpm @ 61% of MHR and a peak of 119 bpm.

Weight: 262.

Today's session consisted of more Autumn prep, pickup, and organizing. Limbs, burn pile, and putting away the grill and pool accessories. This was more vigorous than expected, probably from cutting up the limbs with an ax. This was 40 minutes long burning 338 calories with an average HR of 116 bpm @ 75% of MHR and a peak of 134 bpm.

I'm waiting for 259.9.

Me too, but my digital scale only does .5 increments.

I stand corrected. 259.5!

Weight: 261.5.

My Achromion process and joint have been acting up, so I decided to pass on presses and DL's and let it get uninflamed. Probably a result of sleeping on it at an awkward angle. So today I finally tackled a hike I've wanted to take since before we moved here, Little Grand Canyon. I decided to go only to the overlook of the Big Muddy and Mississippi Rivers along with Fountain Bluff across the Bottoms. Having heard the news report of a young woman a few weeks ago who fell in the steep descent into the canyon having to be first ferried across the Big Muddy by EMT's and then airlifted to a hospital in St. Louis. It's just that remote and rugged that trying to gurney her out was not an option. None of that for this geezer. No sir. The overlook was overgrown so it was a little hard to see. The video provides a much better look. This is only 3-4 miles North of the Snake Road I walked a few weeks back. Nice and cool today though, in the mid 60's. The hike was 80 minutes burning 796 calories with an average HR of 128 bpm @ 83% of MHR.

Waaay more strenuous than I thought it would be. The topo map was deceiving, leading you to think it was a ridge trail. Which it was, but it had nearly a dozen steep grades that you had to step carefully on so as not to slip in the pea gravel. I'm beat.

The overlook comes near the end around 2:30. As I said, I didn't want to chance a bad slip in the rocks during the descents and ascents.

Weight: 261.

This was the most low intensity LISS I could manage as an active recovery day. I wasn't quite as wasted today as I thought I might be. Emphasis on upper body with arms only SciFit and rower to let the legs chill. The session was 48 minutes burning 294 calories with an average HR of 101 bpm @ 66% of MHR and a relatively low peak of 112 bpm.

starting strength coach development program
    Weight: 262.

Hip Belt Squats: 315 for 3 sets of 5.

CGBP: 135 for 3 sets of 8.

Hammer High Row: 230-250-260 sets of 8.

Stretched. Session was 47 minutes burning 417 calories with an average HR of 120 bpm @ 78% of MHR and a peak HR of 137.