Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 6584

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Weight: 261.

OHP: 125 for 3 sets of 5.

Deadlift: 275 for 2 sets of 5.

Hammer Curls: 110 for 3 sets of 8. Stretched.

Session was 59 minutes burning 486 calories with an average HR of 121 bpm @ 79% of MHR.

I took a hike around the Marberry Arboretum. Now that the leaves have dropped it's easy to see the terrain around the trails better, and it was surprisingly rolling all around. Just enough color left on a few remaining trees to make it gorgeous. There's a nice pond in the middle that is great for contemplating the day. Also a large bamboo grove that was still vividly green. Duck and goose season is on and I heard dozens of gunshots from all around.

The hike was 41 minutes long burning 323 calories with an average HR of 113 bpm @ 74% of MHR and a peak HR of 125 bpm.

More LISS through home maintenance. 42 minutes of raking leaves, gathering fallen branches, and cutting them up for our fire pit tonight. This burned 340 calories with an average HR of 110 bpm.

One the values of having, using, and wearing a heart rate monitor to figger out how much taking care of routine business can contribute to overall fitness while being a useful human being.

Weight: 259.

Full body LISS today. Rounds of rower, elliptical, and SciFit for 52 minutes burning 428 calories with an average HR of 116 bm @ 75% of MHR and a peak HR of 131 bpm. Stretched.

Weight: 257.5.

Push Press: 135 for 3 sets of 5. Not bad, I haven't managed sets of 5 with this in a while.

Power Snatch: 100 for 3. I started getting dizzy and woozy during rests between warmups even sitting down. So I called it a day and left.

Session was 42 minutes burning 378 calories with an average HR of 121 bpm @ 79% of MHR and a peak of 136 bpm.

No idea why this happened, it's a first. I've felt a little light headed from time to time before but this was like getting choked out minus the tunnel vision. I checked my blood pressure when I got home and it looks low at 100 over 68. Could be my determination to drop some more weight by eating less caused this.
    Last edited by Mark E. Hurling; 11-28-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Weight: 259.

Busy day running around all over Hell and Creation. DB got her CCW last week and today we picked up her Glock 9mm.

Jujitsu tonight had a couple of no shows, but, hey. Things happen. B's two younger brothers assured me he was coming, but I suspect a video game got him distracted. A good bunch of kids all three of them. Good humored, quiet, and respectful without being in silent awe. All ready, willing, and able to chuckle at my dad jokes during class. K. is almost certainly going to be promoted to blue belt at the end of this session if he continues to improve as he has. He's still got a little problem with foot work and some hangovers from the Karate he practices with his upper body and arm movements that are linear and angular. I told him I had the same problems myself for a year or so from the Judo and 3 other styles of Karate I practiced before arriving at Mushin Ryu.

The park district was cool with another class on Fridays starting next year. Both blue belts, E. and G. have volunteered without prompting from me if it was OK to come and help teach on Wednesdays. Very touching. I said yes, whenever they could, and no charge for their attendance from the park district.

Tonight's session burned 429 calories with an average HR of 102 bpm @ 66% of MHR.

I enjoyed picking out my wife's Glock, too. (She doesn't carry, yet). If you don't mind me asking, did you go for a compact or a subcompact?

DB is a strong minded woman with some bad arthritis in her gun hand. I recommended she get a .380, but to no avail. She picked a Glock 42. My big concern was her ability to work the slide to chamber a round and unlock the slide after emptying the magazine. She could do both so trying to convince that a Ruger LCP might be a better, cheaper choice was an exercise in futility. Know when to hold em, know when to fold em.

It's a silly-ass bias of mine, but despite my regard for Mittel Europische hand guns (Germany and the Czechs), I hate the way Glocks look. She also picked a hard plastic IWB holster against my advice. I use a Remora and it works great even with my normal attire of exercise shorts with an elastic waistband. She'll find out the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    DB is a strong minded woman with some bad arthritis in her gun hand. I recommended she get a .380, but to no avail. She picked a Glock 42. My big concern was her ability to work the slide to chamber a round and unlock the slide after emptying the magazine. She could do both so trying to convince that a Ruger LCP might be a better, cheaper choice was an exercise in futility. Know when to hold em, know when to fold em.

It's a silly-ass bias of mine, but despite my regard for Mittel Europische hand guns (Germany and the Czechs), I hate the way Glocks look. She also picked a hard plastic IWB holster against my advice. I use a Remora and it works great even with my normal attire of exercise shorts with an elastic waistband. She'll find out the hard way.
    I do get the whole ability to work the slide thing, in reference to my wife. Before buying the Glock 43, she tried our sons M&P Shield subcompact and had trouble with it, before trying the 43 at the range.

I'm sure the holster industry realizes that calling it "Kydex" sounds so much better than plastic.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    I do get the whole ability to work the slide thing, in reference to my wife. Before buying the Glock 43, she tried our sons M&P Shield subcompact and had trouble with it, before trying the 43 at the range.

I'm sure the holster industry realizes that calling it "Kydex" sounds so much better than plastic.
    Funny about that holster. DB took one look at it and called it plastic. Which I would have thought might be a deal breaker for her.