starting strength gym
Page 408 of 659 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 6584

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldster View Post
    On a side note, I suggest she given an explanation thusly: "Oldster told me to mention I...fell down the stairs...yeah, the stairs..." (we don't have stairs.) Or... "Oldster said I have to tell everyone I ran into a door...umm, a door..."

She refused, but we still had a lot of fun with it!
    Thanks Oldster.

I have an alibi. I was with my buddies at scotch and cigar night when it happened. OD called me about her fall and I came running. Which is not to say I wasn't ready for getting asked to leave the room for a private chat with her by a nurse or doctor. But it didn't happen.

Oh shoot, that reminds me. We were at a store in line and my wife got out her card to pay for our goods. She had taken to wearing sunglasses everywhere, not just to hide it, but light bothered her eye. She needed reading glasses and took the dark ones off. Well, the clerk took one look and noticed me not paying attention. She asked my wife, after a few angry glances at me, if there was anything my wife wanted to say, and gave Mrs. Oldster a couple chances. When she realized what was going on, my wife laughed and explained what happened.

I'm still not sure if the clerk actually believe her.

Yeah, DB has taken to the big sunglasses too. They almost completely hide her raccoon eyes. But not the bruise on her upper lip.

Take some sandpaper to your knuckles and pretend to hide them. Catch reactions on video.

Funny how our minds work in a somewhat similar fashion. Because I was examining my hands for some kind of damage on the way to the ER. Fortunately, there were only some very small scrapes on the backs of my hands from cleaning some recalcitrant ice out of the gutters last week during the sudden thaw. It actually caused a water blister under our wallpaper when the gutters overflowed.

Things I never had to think about in SoCal. Ice in the gutters.

Weight: 268.

Hip Belt Squats: Sets of 5, 385-390-395 PR's!

Incline Press: 175 for 3 sets of 5. I can feel a little badness wanting to happen in my anterior deltoid. Gotta be careful.

Hammer High Row: Sets of 5, 330-335-340 PR's!

Very surprising given the week I just went through and a terrible night's sleep last night. I was going to plateau with everything and settle in the gains, but the first set in all of them felt challenging, but that more was possible. So I went for it. The session was 64 minutes long burning 557 calories with an average HR of 119 bpm @ 77% of MHR and a peak HR of 136 bpm.

Thats a good result, two PRs.
    Hurra for you!

Thanks!

What makes it even better was last time I did these lifts some days back I PR'd then too.

Weight: 267.

I did a more intense cardio session today of odds and ends like the tire flip, elliptical with cross arms, and "handball" with the tennis ball. The hand/eye coordination is coming back with the last which was gratifying. The session was 31 minutes burning 278 calories with an average HR of 120 bpm @ 78% of MHR and a peak of 135 bpm.

starting strength coach development program
    Wow! Huge PRs, man! Congratulations.

I see you've been doing some powerful damage to sammiches...