starting strength gym
Page 416 of 659 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426466516 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 6586

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Breaking back in again. God am I tired of this recovery cycle.

But, like it or not, better to be able to come back than not at all. I was going for very low intensity and brief. Brief worked, although intensity was a little higher than planned. Rounds of the speed bag, SciFit, medicine ball toss, and stretching. Session was 30 minutes burning 159 calories with an average HR of 102 bpm @ 66% of MHR and a peak of 115 bpm.

I've had the crud for a month now and still have a cough. It is some nasty stuff.

I'm sorry to hear that Shug. Although it does put my own miseries into some wider context. This must have been a really bad strain this year.

I achieved my goal of avoiding doctors, so I consider that a win. I'm glad you weren't hit quite as bad. Best of health to you.

Thank you Shug. Get better and stay strong.

But, like it or not, better to be able to come back than not at all.
    More and more true with each passing year.

Some random stuff that was supposed to be short and easy but was harder than intended. Rounds of heavy bag, stationary bike, cable crunches, more walking between rounds, and stretching. Session ran 30 minutes burning 198 calories with an average HR of 117 bpm @ 76% of MHR and a peak of 128 bpm.

All about the hands and upper body today. I'm undergoing a huge download of snot and mucus. Which is both a pain and a relief. I'm still wheezing a little, and am amazed by how much excess guck your body can produce and finally get rid of.

Handball, medicine ball toss, heavy bag flurries, and arms only rower and SciFit. Session was 30 minutes burning 180 calories with an average HR of 106 bpm @ 68% of MHR and a peak of 126 bpm.

Hope you kick the crud soon, MEH. Like Meshie, I fought it for about 5 weeks before finally kicking it. I'm sure it's safe to say your system is tougher'n mine, you'll probably be 100% next week.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks Oldster. I'm still hawking away, but better. I also noticed that a scratch I got from one of our cats a couple of months ago. It's still healing, which is just another indication of everything slowing down. Even 5 years ago, this would have been gone a month ago.

Lessons learned? Be aware, be careful, and get my flu shots. Which I did this year, and still got hammered. But what you gonna do? Play flu roulette?