starting strength gym
Page 451 of 659 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501551 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 6584

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Weight: 254.

Ah, what the hey. I'm gonna let $#!t heal. So lifting begins again later. Not much later, but a little later. Too much cortisol coursing through me now, and since I am not the ubermensch as the truly tough-ass guys here thump their chests about, I'm going to get clear of this.

So today I did intervals of speed bag, rower, heavy bag, medicine ball, SciFit, cable crunches, and stretching.

Average HR was 114 bpm @ 75% of MHR.

Sometimes you have to let the accumulated dings heal.Sounds like a good plan at.this time of.year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Weight: 254.

Ah, what the hey. I'm gonna let $#!t heal. So lifting begins again later. Not much later, but a little later. Too much cortisol coursing through me now, and since I am not the ubermensch as the truly tough-ass guys here thump their chests about, I'm going to get clear of this.

So today I did intervals of speed bag, rower, heavy bag, medicine ball, SciFit, cable crunches, and stretching.

Average HR was 114 bpm @ 75% of MHR.
    Good luck with the healing process[emoji106]

Thank you both for the good wishes. It is sincerely appreciated.

Weight: 252.

Ball Cap.jpg

I may be recovering, but there was still the last intermediate class of the year to teach. A terrible, dark, rainy night that made even the short drive nerve wracking. I was surprised Ken and Ethan showed for this.

So I ran them through their blue belt 1st degree techniques and then indulged some questions and variations of counters to strikes. Along the way, I did some remedial coaching on their low ridge hand strikes to the groin. Both of them were swinging their arms in a very stiff manner, like a baseball bat. So I had them loosen up everything from the shoulder to the fingertips. The strike is supposed to be delivered loose like a rope swinging and then tensed at the point of impact.

The last part of class I showed them counters to straight punches using a figure four arm lock to a wrist control or takedown. Or all three in a string of movements.

Average HR was 112 bpm @ 68% of MHR.

Weight: 251.

In the midst, or perhaps near the end of my designated period of recovery, more adaptation. Last night was the first with the CPAP. A mixed report, probably mostly of my own making.

I tried going it without the chinstrap. As the O-dark 30's wore on, undoubtedly a mistake. My mouth felt like the Sahara trodden by the feet of many camels. It took hours to get to sleep, probably from the usual adrenaline dump Jujitsu gives me in the evenings rather than the mask and hose. The unit is silent and DB had no problems with noise. Albeit compared to enduring years of my snoring, that had to be an improvement. The nasal mask did not feel intrusive nor was the hose a problem when I rolled over. Which I do a lot.

Early days as yet, but I think this will be just fine.

Weight: 253.

Back to Broach (so to speak) an easy re-entry to the iron. No limits attempted or pushed. The ribs are barely a memory at the moment and the groinage seems good to go.

Sets of 8.

DB Press: 37.5 for 3 sets.

Rope Handle Standing Triceps Extensions: 140 for 3 sets.

Rope Handle Pulldown Curlz: 140 for 3 sets.

Average HR was 118 bpm @ 77% of MHR.

Intervals of of speed bag, SciFit, rower, elliptical, heavy bag, ball toss, and stretching.

Average HR was 107 bpm @ 70% of MHR.

Breaking back in. As opposed to breaking bad. Supposed to be nice and easy-peasy.

Sets of 5.

Bench Press: 165 for 3 sets. Not quite as easy as I thought should be the case.

Hammer Row: 270 for 3 sets.

Hammer Leg Press: 540 for 3 sets.

Average HR was 115 bpm @ 75% of MHR.

starting strength coach development program
    I'd be tempted to quote Emerson:

What you are afraid to do is a clear indication of the next thing you need to do.

But, you're already doing that, so carry on.