starting strength gym
Page 471 of 659 FirstFirst ... 371421461469470471472473481521571 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 6584

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Last round of the deloads. Sets of 8 at 40%, 50%, and 60%.

Seated Press: 65-75-85.

Hammer Curls: 45-55-65.

EZ Curl Bar Floor Press: 45-55-65.

Track practice for the Special Olympics Spring Games was cancelled due to the monsoon passing through. The Games themselves are doubtful given the soggy field conditions. I'm going to take a look at the facilities between downpours.
    Last edited by Mark E. Hurling; 04-25-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Despite the rain, the Spring Games came off with no water problems. It was a long 6 hour sprint between the women's and later the men's shotput with a lot of herding of cats in between. It was tiring, but a lot of fun motivating, urging, and joshing the athletes into good throws. Like using the video drone on the scene as a target for a better throw. They cracked up over that, and so did the officials in the pit who heard me utter that silly line.

DB and I are now home and I am coasting on fumes and trying to recharge for Jujitsu tonight.

Awesome, I'm glad they came off so well!

Thanks Sean. BTW, what was we talked about before? I've been wracking my brain and have drawn a complete blank. Probably too much cheap-ass wodka killed some brain cells. Ah well, no more of that for me.

Ball Cap.jpg

Ken showed for Jujitsu tonight. I got him about halfway through the blue belt 2nd degree course. That consisted of a hand and wrist breaker, a spinning wrist rear takedown, three counters for headlocks, and a counter for a front bear hug. This had some side trails into pressure points and their effects which are used in two of those techniques. There is some tricky footwork to master in the spinning rear takedown but he'll get there.

3rd Cycle, Week 1. 5 reps @ 65%-75%-85%.

Bench Press: 145-165-187/5. That last 5th rep was a real grinder. I may have to back cycle this, depending on how I do in the successive weeks of this cycle on AMRAP's on the last set.

Hammer Row: 275-315-355/6.

Hammer Leg Press: 460-535-605/8.

All in all, a mixed session. Probably the result of the long hard day yesterday what with the cat herding at the Spring Games and teaching Jujitsu. I'm still in a slow loading phase with the creatine along with my body possibly in slight shock from the months long caloric deficit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Thanks Sean. BTW, what was we talked about before? I've been wracking my brain and have drawn a complete blank. Probably too much cheap-ass wodka killed some brain cells. Ah well, no more of that for me.
    We talked about meeting up at Summer Games in June in Bloomington. Look for the hairy dork from West Chicago, that'll be me

Oh I got that part. I meant the conversations prior to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Oh I got that part. I meant the conversations prior to that.
    Oh, yeah. Since I can't use search to look up my old posts, I'll have to go on memory. Lots of randomness (in various E&P threads), but I also remember talking about your (at-that-time) planned move back to Illinois, from, I think, the LA burbs.

starting strength coach development program
    Ah. Well, as you no doubt can tell, I am thoroughly enjoying the current environs of downstate Illinois.