starting strength gym
Page 51 of 659 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Pitts? Yeah, back in the early '70's my typing teacher was named Pitts. Fat little bugger. About 5'4" and close to 300lbs. At least he taught me to type over 120 words per minute.....though I never needed it driving truck until that little thing called the internet came about.

Two big wheels overhead. Just imagine. But like I said, get tight.

OK then Oldster, not the guy I was thinking of.

I missed it again today. This time I lost it at just below the sticking point, so it was a clear indication I was either not ready for 225 or was not recovered from my sojourn to Corvallis and back. Arrrgh, then maties. It now be like I said, ye be calling me Ahab as I trim the sails of the Pequod to go after the white whale, says I.

Some more rest from lifting this week but not jujitsu and maybe not some cardio either. We'll see. Then back cycle all my poundages about 20-30 lbs. and take another run at 225 in a few months. Thank you all for your unstinting encouragement in this effort. It will make the achievement of this all the sweeter when I do it.

Valiant effot, and you're stronger for the attempt. You have a good plan going forward. You'll get it.

Reboot, work back up.

You'll get it.

It was probably all the driving. It's remarkable how much sitting in a car for a weekend can take out of you.

You are absolutely right. My low back has been bothering me all day from the drive and enforced sitting. I hurt too much for jujitsu tonight and will do my best to see my ever so talented chiro tomorrow. I woke up every time I turned over last night so I am running on fumes just now.

DO you keep your wallet in your back pocket when you drive?

No I stopped doing that at least 15 years ago for exactly what you were about to tell me about how it can affect the sciatic nerve. Pretty simple really, if I sit too long this happens. It's why I get up and move around at work all the time. That and the whiny little mope I share an office with.

Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    It was probably all the driving. It's remarkable how much sitting in a car for a weekend can take out of you.
    Man, I can't agree more. My own lifting suffers terribly if I am in a car driving. For some reason driving truck at work doesn't bother me, but the family car on a trip absolutely drains me.

starting strength coach development program
    OK, apparently enough cold pack applications and the handful of ibuprofen washed down with cheap-ass Albertson's wodka helped the back and I'm feeling much better this morning. Sleeping like the dead always helps too. I'm still trying to get a session with the chiro today though.

Since I couldn't do jujitsu last night and decided to post a penitential story in the Campfire thread, I decided to get in and do a GXP on the cross country elliptical today. Finished off with foam rolling and stretching. So far so good. That knocking sound you hear is me paying homage on wood to my druidic forebears.