starting strength gym
Page 510 of 659 FirstFirst ... 10410460500508509510511512520560610 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 6584

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    For some reason the photos I take are deemed too large to post here. Not sure why, maybe a phone software update did something.

At any rate, Merry Christmas to you as well Bergs.

Seated Press: 165 for 5 singles followed by a backoff set of 145 for 5 reps.

Cable Lateral Raises: Sets of 12, 20-30-30.

Cable Pulldowns: Sets of 12, 70-70-70.

Calf Press: Sets of 12, 230-250-270.

Foam rolling on back and hamstring stretches.

Santa brought me a red 10 mm lever belt. I can latch it down much tighter than I haul a buckle tight and I can release it immediately. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Seated Press: 165 for 5 singles followed by a backoff set of 145 for 5 reps.

Cable Lateral Raises: Sets of 12, 20-30-30.

Cable Pulldowns: Sets of 12, 70-70-70.

Calf Press: Sets of 12, 230-250-270.

Foam rolling on back and hamstring stretches.

Santa brought me a red 10 mm lever belt. I can latch it down much tighter than I haul a buckle tight and I can release it immediately. Love it.
    Whos the manufactur?

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    Whos the manufactur?
    Here ya go. https://www.amazon.com/Hawk-Sports-P...187&th=1&psc=1

Into the gym for some conditioning. Speed bag, SciFit, elliptical, medicine ball tosses, heavy bag, foam roller and hamstring stretches.

I woke up and never quite shook off the creakiness and soreness from some unknown source. Old age or the impending rain, or a little of both maybe. Despite that, I went into the Rec Center and managed to booger up my left foot somehow in the last 10 feet from the door. Nonetheless:

Squats: 260 for 6 singles.

Hammer Cable Curls: Sets of 12, 210-215-220.

Too gassed out and sore to attempt reverse hyperextensions or stretching, so I packed it in.

I wore and used my Christmas gifts. This included my new lever action belt, a USPA hoodie to ward off the rain and a new shirt emblazoned with "hwæt" on it. Hwæt is the opening line of Beowulf, the ideal hero for us old guys. After all, that pup Achilles didn't make it to 30 before his bad temper did him in. But Beowulf lived a looong life after he did Grendel in. He died of his wounds as an old warrior king after having slain a dragon that was laying waste to his lands. Yep. That's my kind of guy. A fighter to the end.

I haven't lifted on successive days for a long time. But between the Rec Center's holiday hours (open at 4 pm tomorrow) and possibly training Special Olympians at 5 in Marion, it was a back to back day or nothing. So, into the gym.

Bench Press: 215 for 6 singles. I spent some extra time on getting my feet planted and setting a good arch. It seems to help with the lockout after the pause on the chest.

Swiss Bar Lockouts: 175 for 3 sets of 5.

Hammer Rows: Sets of 5, 345-350-360! Feeling really strong on these.

My right glute and hamstring have been nagging me so I went back to foam rolling the hamstrings and back. We'll see how it goes.

A good way to begin the last day of 2019, a walk around the South end of Lake Murphysboro as the sun rose in 36F brisk temperatures. The squirrels were gettin busy hunting stores for Winter, the Canada Geese were cruising the glassy surface of the lake, and best of all; a Bald Eagle was on air patrol at the North end of the lake. There are Black Buzzards and Turkey Vultures that are roughly the same size as Bald Eagles, but the tell they have are the white tail feathers and head. Not always easy to spot those relatively small flashes of white. A great jaunt, and happily, I can still post videos of someone else's drone flight over the lake.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/se...8&action=click

Looks really nice, happy newyear to you all!

starting strength coach development program
    Welcome to 2020 Bergs.