starting strength gym
Page 559 of 659 FirstFirst ... 59459509549557558559560561569609 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,590 of 6586

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    A mix of stuff in conditioning today. Elliptical, prowler, speed bag, medicine ball side throw, kettlebell swings, headache heavy bag for lotsa uppercuts, and SciFit.

Deloading @ 70% of 1RM.

Squat: 210 for 4 sets of 2.

Power Clean: 120 for 4 sets of 2.

Deloading-Dynamic Effort-Speedwork @ 70% of 1RM.

Bench Press: 165 for 5 sets of 2.

Push Press: 85 for 5 sets of 2.

Hammer Row: 225 for 5 sets of 2.

Busy day today.

First, there was some conditioning. Rounds of speed bag, medicine ball slams, rower, box jumps, heavy bag, caber lifts. This last is getting easier given that technique is pretty important too and practice . . .

Then Jujitsu by way of Zoom. We practiced more with the yawara along with some baton techniques. Then moved on to some variations of gun defenses and escapes from grabs.

Deadlift: Sets of 5, 115-185-265.

Box Squats w/Safety Squat Bar: 95 for 5 sets of 2.

The music shuffle mix was Run Like Hell, Death of Siegfried, Up Around the Bend, Star Wars Overture, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Crazy Train, O Fortuna, Beethoven's 5th, and Hendrix rendition of the Star Spangled Banner.

In the conditioning mix with more Highland Games stuff, speed bag, box jumps, hammer swings, prowler, heavy bag, and SciFit.

Seated Press: 125 for 5 sets of 2.

Pullover and Press: 95 for 5 sets of 2.

Hammer Curls: 100 for 5 sets of 2.

It might have just been the rainy cold front moving in, but I woke up feeling creaky in my lower back and left foot. I haven't taken any Meloxicam for over a week now, but I held off dosing myself again to see if my foot relented a little. Which it did a few hours later.

I took it easy today, since tomorrow, God willing, I'll be going into the intensity phase of lifting at 90% of 1RM. So it was rounds of speed bag, SciFit, heavy bag, elliptical, and cable rotations with more walking than usual in between. My back is still feeling creaky, but otherwise, better than first thing this morning.

Performance @ 90% of 1RM.

Squat: 270 1-1-0.

Power Clean: 170 1-1-1.

I was supposed to do 3 sets of 3. Altogether one of the most dismal sessions I have had in some time if ever. The day began inauspiciously with my left ankle flaring up and my lower back still feeling whacked out. I considered waiting until tomorrow to lift but decided to go for it anyway. I've felt this way before and still had some good lifting, but not today.

I had decided to wear my latest acquisition, a Liftsore* ball cap. It summed up today's efforts rather well. Besides the humorous aspect there's the take-off on Lance Armstrong's Livestrong line of products. I don't like Armstrong any better than I do Brady. They were and are both liars and cheaters.

The music mix today were" USMC Jody calls-That Old Time Corps, Kaiser March, Run Through the Jungle, Also Sprach Zarathustra, Up Around the Bend, Twilight Zone (Manhattan Transfer), Mars the Bringer of War, Immigrant Song, Star Spangled Banner, Halls of Montezuma, Beethoven's 5th, Running With the Devil, and the 1812 Overture.

*Fitness Apparel Brand Hat | Athletic Wear Brands | LiveSore - Livesore.net

starting strength coach development program
    It's amazing how well that Meloxicam works. All better today. Rounds of Jacob's Ladder, Speed bag, hammer swings, rower, heavy bag, box jumps, and cable rotations.