starting strength gym
Page 564 of 659 FirstFirst ... 64464514554562563564565566574614 ... LastLast
Results 5,631 to 5,640 of 6586

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Mixed it up today with speed bag, box jumps, SciFit, handball, medicine ball toss, heavy bag, and rower.

Performance phase @ 90% of 1RM.

Deadlifts: 115-185-255-305-350 for 1. I went a bridge too far with these after my success with the bench press. The plan called for a set of 4 with 340 but I thought 350 was in me. Nope. After the 1st pull I could tell that I was flirting with an injury if I tried to force out some more. Probably time for another back adjustment.

Hip Belt Squats: 135-225-275-305-325. Looking for a 1 RM again.

Music: Also Sprach Zarathustra, Locomotive Breath, Death of Siegfried, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Star Spangled Banner (Hendrix), Rawhide, Finlandia, Tusk, King of Prussia March, Shipping Up to Boston, and Watch Her Strut.

Ball Cap.jpg

Jujitsu Zoom today covered a host of techniques. How to set up a counterattack from delivering a couple of simple jabs. The counterattacks included transitions to a choke, an arm bar, a throw, and a takedown that began with a knee into the illiotibial band or the femoral nerve. Then a few different slashing techniques to the head and face with the yawara short stick. It concluded with some demonstration and detailed description of nerve point on the hands and wrists that make painful enough wristlocks even more painful and effective. The attacker gets lit up to the point that they can't process a counter of their own or think about resistance.

Performance phase @ 90% of 1RM.

Seated Press: 160-2, 165-2, 170-1.

Weighted Dips: 60-2, 65-2, 70-2.

Hammer High Rows: 290 for 3 sets of 2.

Given my lumbar issues of last week bollixing up my squats and deadlifts, this session, along with the bench press last week, was really welcome. The seated press was supposed to be 3 sets of 2 but those went up so easy I went for it on the next 2 sets. Likewise the weighted dips. Not only did the first set go easy, I got 2 reps with 70, which was my 1RM just a few weeks ago.

Music was Run Like Hell, Immigrant Song, The Thunderer by Sousa, Beethoven's 5th, Fire on High, Walkure, White Rabbit, British Grenadiers, When the Bullet Hits the Bone, Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, Highway to Hell, Good/Bad/Ugly.

Finally, a trip to chiro and I feel much better.

Taking it easy with conditioning things today working on SciFit, speed bag, rower, cable rotations, and medicine ball tosses interspersed with a lot of walking.

Preparatory Loading @ 75% of 1RM.

Squats: 225 for 4 sets of 3. Made all my reps to depth. The best session for this all year.

High Pulls: 125 for 4 sets of 2.

The background noise was 1812 Overture, Darth Vader Death march, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Hot Blooded, Marine Corps Spirit jody call, Anvil Chorus, Smuggler's Blues, Pursuit (Last of the Mohicans), Semper Fidelis, Bohemian Rhapsody, Peter Gunn Theme, Danger Zone.

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
    Nice name of a song
    I once played in band called ”Strong and good music performed fast and cheap (SAGMPFAC) translated from swedish.

Dang (or should I say uff da?) Bergs, you shoulda been an ABBA contender!

More variety today with handball, box jumps, speed bag, rower, heavy bag, and kettlebell swings.

starting strength coach development program
    Preparatory Loading @ 75% of 1RM.

Sets of 3.

Bench Press: 185-185-190-195. This was programmed for 175 but I went for it.

Push Press: 95-100-105-110. Programmed for 95.

Hammer Row: 250-260-270-280. Programmed for 240.

Another even better session this week than last week. As this program progesses in 3 blocks of 4 week cycles, the reps decrease and the sets increase a bit. This bodes well for the upcoming test of what my current 1RM is for all three main lifts.

The background score was Steel Claw, Up Around the Bend, Fanfare for the Common Man, William Tell Overture, Fire Down Below, Taking a Ride, Finlandia, Gloria, Acotland the Brave, We Are the Champions, Mars the Bringer of War.