Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line - Page 570

starting strength gym
Page 570 of 570 FirstFirst ... 70470520560568569570
Results 5,691 to 5,692 of 5692

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    • starting strength seminar october 2021
    Well that was a real cluster. Old password and even older email address problems that took all this time to resolve.

I've been sore and feeling under it for nearly two weeks. Probably the sudden onset of the return to normalcy of sorts from the Kung Flu sequestrations and the ensuing sudden increase and demands of teaching and practicing Jujitsu, coaching Special Olympics for the now completed Spring Games along with now ongoing coaching of the athletes who want to powerlift. Add to that, I took up learning some new martial arts with the medium staff (the Jo) and the sword (Iaido). Of course having a push mower for 2 1/2 acres to keep ahead of the grass crop has it's own set of demands.

But today I woke up feeling rested and ready. My new program is another very old-school Doug Hepburn routine. Hepburn never got the attention Paul Anderson did, but he was a powerhouse in his own right in the pre-steroid era of lifters.

All for 8 sets of 2.

Seated Press: 145.

Weighted Dips: 60.

Hammer High Row: 260.

All to the background of Run Like Hell, Up Around the Bend, Mars the Bringer of War, Scotland the Brave, Magnificent Seven, Danger Zone, Marseillaise, Shipping Up to Boston, Bad to the Bone, Night on Bald Mountain, Steel Claw, Run Through the Jungle, Smuggler's Blues.

starting strength coach development program
    Ball Cap.jpg

Jujitsu via Zoom again today. We lead off with some weapons drills with the Yawara, Jo, and club. From there we were taught some hand and arm positioning movements as set ups for throws. Much of this was a review of Judo for me, although it incorporated some elements that wouldn't pass muster in a refereed sport match. How to draw the other guy's hands down or off track with a knee or hand strike to the lower parts. Sort of takes the attention off their hands.

Then to some discussion and demonstration of how crossing a hand across the front of the attacker's face causes a reflex response of them backing up, retracting their head, or distracting their mind. Or some combination of all three. We finished off with some counterstrikes to punches, attacking the attacker's arm. These were not blocks, but strikes to pressure points on the wrist and hand that when activated feel like you've been hit with a taser.