starting strength gym
Page 58 of 659 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158558 ... LastLast

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Take your fish oil? Sounds rather unpleasant, and makes my hangover look sad.
    Nice work on the shrugs, though. You doing the power shrugs that Rip made a vid for, or another variety?

I haven't been using that lately, just Vitamin D. I'll try that and thanks. The shrugs are pretty basic, grab the bar, bend over a little, and stand straight with it keeping both feet on the floor, and try to get your delts to touch your ears. Perfect exercise for the aerospace industry. "I dunno."

Sorry about the Pain Demons. Please tell me you are sending acetaminophen mortars their way, along with the NSAID shells.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I haven't been using that lately, just Vitamin D. I'll try that and thanks. The shrugs are pretty basic, grab the bar, bend over a little, and stand straight with it keeping both feet on the floor, and try to get your delts to touch your ears. Perfect exercise for the aerospace industry. "I dunno."
    Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Sullydog View Post
    Sorry about the Pain Demons. Please tell me you are sending acetaminophen mortars their way, along with the NSAID shells.
    I think those rounds may have been made in England, so they're Paracetamol mortars.

I have better luck with ibuprofen usually, although those nice blue by Aleve do some yeoman's work. They are also handy to tape inside a birthday to one of my contemporaries to conjure up the stiffening image of, well you know.

Fish oil is a natural blood thinner. I found it out on Friday when I was scheduling my liver biopsy and they told me to make sure I was 6 days free of all fish oil to make sure I can clot.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldster View Post
    Fish oil is a natural blood thinner. I found it out on Friday when I was scheduling my liver biopsy and they told me to make sure I was 6 days free of all fish oil to make sure I can clot.
    That's an interesting bit of info, Oldster. Not sure how that fits in with your blood meds, MEH. Prolly Sully will have insights.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I have better luck with ibuprofen usually, although those nice blue by Aleve do some yeoman's work. They are also handy to tape inside a birthday to one of my contemporaries to conjure up the stiffening image of, well you know.
    Ooh, that's cruel. Seriously though, it's not a one-or-the-other situation. For my most nagging pain, I always take a cocktail of NSAID + acetaminophen. Puts a pincer movement on that pain. Works every time. I use this approach in patients, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullydog View Post
    Ooh, that's cruel. Seriously though, it's not a one-or-the-other situation. For my most nagging pain, I always take a cocktail of NSAID + acetaminophen. Puts a pincer movement on that pain. Works every time. I use this approach in patients, too.
    Sully,

Any thoughts on why most narcotics (Vicoden, etc.) use acetaminophen instead of ibuprofen? (Do they even have any that are coupled with ibuprofen instead?)

I had my tonsils out when I was about 30. Intense pain - and the narcotics didn't cut it without throwing some ibuprofen into the mix.

I had a theory that "they" used acetaminophen since drug abusers are pretty knowledgeable about drugs, and maybe they thought if they used a liver damaging agent then people would be less likely to abuse it.

starting strength coach development program
    Weight: 248

Thanks for the advice and sympathy. I'm pretty much back to normal today and the fish oil probably helped. Trader Joes 1 gram capsules and lot of 'em along with the other stuff. I've never tried an ibuprofen acetaminophen mix before. I'll give it a shot next time I need it.

Dearly Beloved once told me early in our relationship when I was whining about something or other, "You want sympathy? Look it up in the dictionary, it's between shit and syphilis." Ah yes, "I'm looking for a hard headed woman. One who will make me do my best." If only Cat Stevens had stayed Cat Stevens. You should all be so lucky.