Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line - Page 590

starting strength gym
Page 590 of 590 FirstFirst ... 90490540580588589590
Results 5,891 to 5,894 of 5894

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar december 2021
    • starting strength seminar february 2022
    Back to training Special Olympics athletes tonight. Despite some necessary isolation from possible exposure to Covid Jereth and Kaydee were back and ready to rumble. Lena, as always was hard at work and her usual helpful self. Helpful, in this case, was reminding me I had already loaded one side of the barbell and didn't need to add more weight. Always good to keep the coach honest and on his toes. I had a pleasant chuckle out of it.

The lifters are getting better at remembering hand spacing references on the bar without a lot of coaching. I had anticipated a more gradual break-in for Jereth and Kaydee, but both exceeded my expectations. Especially Jereth. Both lifted more than I had originally planned for them tonight and I loaded more up for them when they were pretty firm in asking for more.

Lena's success with the safety squat bar had me have her try using a standard bar again. She did well. Her deadlift form started out flawless and although the bar drifted out a little on her top single, she handled the weight with ease. More work ahead, but she's diligent in her efforts and listening to me.

Mark, you're doing plenty. Don't get guilted into doing more than is good for you. If it's not good for you... it won't be good for them... despite good intentions.

I am have the most envy over getting down to 238. I've had some success but have been stuck in the 252-256 range for a bit.

If you don't take care of you... no one will. You are doing good things... so it is important to have you around.

Great lifts btw.

Good advice CP and much appreciated that you took the time and cared enough to give it. As the title of the thread says, I'm sneaking up to the finish line and I might as well enjoy the time I have. Also thanks for the compliment about my lifts.

starting strength coach development program
    The knee is fine today and the foot is much better. But, not to take any chances I did things to not tax it today for conditioning. Rounds of speed bag, SciFit, plate halos, medicine ball tosses, crunches, and heavy bag.

I had anticipated some massive DOMS after going back to squats after a week layoff. But no, all was good today.