Page 411 of 659 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421461511 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 6586

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Yes.

Weight: 266.

Some upper body cardio today. Arms only rower, SciFit, medicine ball toss, heavy bag strikes and stretching. The session ran 36 minutes burning 227 calories with an average HR of 106 bpm @ 68% of MHR and a peak of 116 bpm.

On the way out I asked the nice young lady at the desk if they had speed bags. There's a speed bag hook in the same room with the heavy bags and I want to keep trying to improve or maintain my hand speed and timing. There were, she said, but you had to bring your own hand wraps. Hand wraps!? She started to explain. No, I know what they are, I never use them. My hands aren't all that delicate or tender. I never had the luxury or wrapping my hands when things needed doing as a cop, nor did I ever wear gloves. Not even sap gloves. Gotta keep the hands conditioned too.

And now, for something every aging gym rat should have to honor the memory of the late, great Izzy Mandelbaum.

Cap.jpg

A tip of the hat to the pigs of China who managed to host this year's mutation of the flu. I've been fighting some congestion for a few days and had a flu shot 2 weeks ago. But last night it became obvious I got the bug. Coughing up the nasties and hard to breathe.

So into SIH at 0802 and was STILL the 4th one up. All the others had flu face masks on. The receptionist asked me why I was in as I donned my own mask.

"Just complying with your protocol, MS."

Yup. I got it all right. So they gave me some Tamiflu and Prednisone.

So, YAY!

Down for a few days. Just a few. I hope.

Hope it passes quick.I felt crappy last Sunday and thought it was due to lack of sleep, by Monday I knew it wasnt . Took a week to feel somewhat better. I didn't have th flu shot and didn't go to work the Dr. Did use two bottles of Musinex.

Bummer. Hope you get better quickly. I lost a great friend on Christmas from this crap.

I was with my grandgirls last weekend and the eldest was sick, but still wanted Papa time. What's a Papa to do? Didn't matter after she nuzzled in on my neck about seven days later (this Saturday) I'll probably come down with it, too.

To paraphrase Mr. T, "I pity the flu" that messes with either of you guys.

Heh. Just wait for the rude shock The Reaper is due for in his first couple of attempts at a takedown.

Weight? Why bother. Between stunning inactivity and prednisone It's sure it's up. Which, BTW, had me awake all night and humming along after having forgotten to take the 40 mg dose first thing in the morning. A crash is surely imminent. Some further self medication with PЇЍЍДҪLԐ ҪЊԐДP ДSS ШФDҚД may be in order to bring me down. I feel like I have bees buzzing around inside my left eye socket and sinuses.

But, off to the gym I went. Going stir crazy. Big, huge, snowflakes started to fall as I walked across the parking lot and into the Rec Center. I did some very easy LISS to break back in and not (hopefully) overtax me. Other than the hypers I feel fine. Except also for my voice, which is coming back, although I sound somewhere between some Lovecraftian batrachian character and a pirate (arrrghhh!).

Rounds of the rower, SciFit, cable crunches, leisurely walking between stations, and stretching. Session was 33 minutes burning 194 calories with an average HR of 106 @ 67% of MHR and a peak of 116 bpm.

Took the long way home for a shot of stopping by woods on a snowy morning.

Woods in Snow.jpg

Weight: 271.

I still sound like a pirate and wanted to lift but gave it another day to break back in. So, since it went from freezing yesterday to 52 today, I took walk around Lake on the Campus again. Beautiful day, even if all that marvelous snow melted.

I broke out my Brazos walking stick for it's first outing. It's a nice stout 4' piece of hardwood, ideal for keeping snakes at bay once it warms up some more.

Walking Stick.jpg

First out was a tree that had been decorated for Christmas last December, and the ornaments have remained in place ever since. You can almost hear Charlie Brown in the background.

Christmas Tree.jpg

Finally, one of the 50 year old concrete piers on the lake.

Pier.jpg

As a student, I had a cold so bad I got over medicated by a misguided acquaintance who dissolved a Contac in some Nyquil (without telling me about the Contac) and gave it to me. I got so whacked, I went out to the lake on one of these piers and fell asleep on the ice for a while. Cool times.

The walk ran 35 minutes burning 265 calories with an average HR of 116 bpm @ 76% of MHR and a peak of 124 bpm.

starting strength coach development program
    It snowed about 5inches here last and by 10/am it was gone off the sidewalks.Went up to 50 by 1pm.I am still getting over over something.It did cause me.to.drop 5 lbs that I couldn't loose.forever.So did a bit of rowing on the C2 and.went for a walk.