starting strength gym
Page 486 of 659 FirstFirst ... 386436476484485486487488496536586 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,860 of 6584

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Thanks Jerry. I am confident on finding the 35 with 10-20 more pounds in the deadlift and and 5-10 in the bench press with 10-20 more in the squat to realize. In any event, I am good for Nationals right now. I have over 6 months to reach the 35 more I need.

Nationals and World, sounds like fun! 35 pounds and 6 months to do it. You should get that without any trouble. Just don't go overboard and cause an injury. Setbacks waste a lot of time especially as we age.

Thanks Ken, and ain't that the truth about injuries. I am being very deliberate and careful with the squats. Since I overhauled my deadlift form, my back feels strong in that lift and I am confident. I might find those 35 pounds in that lift alone.

Since I was talking deadlifts, the Asics wrestling shoes I ordered came in just two days after ordering them from eBay. What's more, I didn't ask for any expedited shipping. https://www.ebay.com/i/113247984795?...SABEgLJTPD_BwE

Very comfortable and with virtually no heel at all.

Those shoes look like they could work and the price is right. The funky color alone may get you that extra 35 pounds Let us know what the verdict is. So far I have been only wearing socks for deadlifting. I have not found a shoe that I like and my squatting shoes have to much of a heal for deads.

Bench Press: 205 for 8 singles and a back off set of 5 with 185.

Hammer High Row: 310 for 5-5-4.

Stretched.

Ball Cap.jpg

Ken, Emma, and Jacob showed up tonight. Jacob seemed unfocused and it was difficult to get him to move the correct hand or foot and apply it to the correct part of the body to execute some of the wrist locks and arm bars he and Emma were supposed to learn tonight. Emma, on the other hand, is something of a natural. Which is not to say she executes flawlessly, but for the most part she gets the rough outlines of the technique from observing a demonstration of it. Add in a little coaching to refine her stepping and wrist movement, and she has the technique in hand reasonably well. A few months of refining her stuff and she is good to go.

Ken is closing in on mastering his own techniques. His execution of the throws for 2nd degree blue belts has developed nicely. Those throws are built upon much of the hand movements in the lower ranks.

Today was another twofer.

Firster, was some conditioning with clap push ups, elliptical, speed bag, medicine ball toss, SciFit, and stretching.

Punctuated by a presentation on hummingbirds. Cool stuff, totally unrelated to training, but cool. Who doesn't love hummingbirds?

Ball Cap.jpg

Seconder, a makeup Jujitsu session for intermediates. I had to cancel last week's Friday session for the Special Olympics flag football games in Bear Central. Ken and Ethan showed and I took them through several blue belt 2nd degree techniques. To be fair to Ethan, I went back over the ground defense techniques I covered with Ken on Wednesday night. Some missteps and questions engendered some additional improvisations on what are adapted Judo sacrifice throw techniques but performed from the ground rather than starting by standing up. Some bad torque on the attacker's knees with a couple of movements defending from an incoming rush occurred, but without injury. All the throws ended with the attacker face planting in a front fall.

As usual on Sunday morning, the Rec Center is closed. Plan B, a walk around Lake on the Campus. At 7:00 it was already 81F out but not too uncomfortable. Yet. The water was smooth and glassy, except where a dozen Canada geese made a take off into the air honking and bleating away. Black and yellow wild canaries, a near patriotic scattering of blue jays and red cardinals providing splashes of color to the green canopy overhead, and some mallards quacking. Altogether a very pleasant way to get in some low key cardio.

That sounds really nice with the birds, my neibours says we have a King-Eagle couple nearby, I never seen them myself, but birds are really cool animals.

starting strength coach development program
    Eagles are magnificent birds. There is a bald eagle that soars around the next lake over, less than a mile away from Lake on the Campus. It being the national bird of the US and a symbol found throughout our currency and other government such-like, they are awe inspiring to see in flight. At least until some crows spot them and start an air to air gang fight.