starting strength gym
Page 523 of 659 FirstFirst ... 23423473513521522523524525533573623 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,230 of 6584

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So, the Den in Carterville is my new gym home for a while. Great deadlift bars, squat racks not quite ideal, but tolerable, and a $25/month fee.

My maiden voyage in the Den.

Seated Press: 145 for 6 singles. I had to drop weight on this because I couldn't get the bench aligned with the free standing Rogue Echo rack. I'll try one of their other racks next time.

Magnum Lateral Raise: Sets of 12, 70-80-90.

Cybex Cable Pulldown: Sets of 12, 70-80-90.

Calf Press: 450 for 3 sets of 12.

I am having to gauge how to load and use new equipment. The leverages and camming are different than I am used to.

A knobbed foam roller was profoundly uncomfortable, like something out the Inquisition. It did, however, almost certainly break up some heretofore untouched adhesions in the fascia of my muscle tissues.

I also learned that the re-start my Jujitsu class will be pushed a few weeks out in light of the shuffling, locomotive breath madness.

Surprised to see that any gym was open. Seems everything is closing here. We do what we gotta do. I just wonder how many of us had this crud and got better before we knew the name of what we had. Stay well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post

shuffling, locomotive breath madness.
    Due to the Aqualung Pandemic.

Oooo, good one.

The plan for today was to go to the Den and beat up on their collection of striking bags. MMA and Krav Maga is taught there as well, and they have some cardio equipment. Plan B kicked in at some point at O-dark 30 as I tossed and turned from aches ranging from my lumbars to my shoulders. Apparently delayed onset muscle soreness from deadlifts on Tuesday waited longer than usual to bedevil me. Not to mention our black cat, Shadow, who decided last night was an excellent time for the Nocturnal Feline Marching Society to make several circuits of my side of the bed at odd intervals. Terrible night's sleep.

More vigorous conditioning was not appealing, so I took another walk around Lake on the Campus to loosen up.

This was programmed as another deload/speed/dynamic effort week anyway, so I guess it's not much of a setback yet. But in the words of Gunny Highway, "Improvise, adapt, overcome!" I got to work.

As it happens the SIU Lake on the Campus not only has a walking path around it, it has parkour stations along the path. Which I remembered last night. I got out there this morning and did 3 sets of 5 with dips, pull ups, and one legged step up squats. My lower back is still growling away, so I let that have some more recovery down time. Next trip there I will bring my back pack loaded up to make it more challenging. One thing at a time.

That particular parkour station had some good stuff, even some of those trendy fashionable battle ropes to swish around at one's heart's content.

I am considering a bare bones home set up to tide me over better in the future. Never again will I put myself at the mercy of sheep being herded by media wolves pretending to be their protectors.
    Last edited by Mark E. Hurling; 03-21-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Another course of 3 sets of 5 at the parkour station along Lake on the Campus with dips, pullups, and one legged squats.

Journal During the Plague
    Day 3 of Pritzker the Hut's general lockdown
    Report from Prisoner Number 6

Deload/Speed Work/Plyometrics - 3 sets of 3
    Box jumps, clap push ups, kettlebell swings, medicine ball tosses.

starting strength coach development program
    Journal During the Plague
    Day 4 of Pritzker the Hut's general lockdown
    Report from Prisoner Number 6

Deload - 3 sets of 5
    Dips, pull ups, one legged squats, knee ups.