Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    ournal During the Plague
    Day 3 of Pritzker the Hut's general lockdown
    Report from Prisoner Number 6

Deload/Speed Work/Plyometrics - 3 sets of 3
    Box jumps, clap push ups, kettlebell swings, medicine ball tosses, and medicine ball slams.

Lady Clinton's Resistance Media (Ministry of Truth) reports that Duchess Lightfoot of Chicago and Duke Garcetti of LA have become wroth over non-compliance with the house arrest orders of Crown Prince Newsome and Crown Prince Pritzker and are considering going low intensity Tiananmen Square to restore order. Perhaps they'll send out the Rovers.

Good to see your getting what needs to be done. What's your take on what's going on?

It's all BS Jerry. The media is punishing the rest of the US for not electing Clinton and stirred enough shit to get sympathetic politicians into using the lash on us.

Journal During the Plague
    Day 6 of Pritzker the Hut's general lockdown

Deload - 3 sets of 5

Dips, pull ups, one legged squats, knee ups, stretching.

Concerns about and resistance to these house arrest measures are mounting in Illinois. No less than the Associated Press has an article this morning about civil rights infringements by this imposition of near martial law. Rumblings about paying no attention to that man behind the curtain.

Finally, the current debacle reminded me of a book that seems apropos just now. The Sheep Look Up - Wikipedia

Thanks, I might buy it, its available on my bokstore. From the description its a dark story. I see if I can manage a dystopian story right now in these dark hours of isolation.[emoji33]

Great emoticon Bergs. The best I've seen.

Day 7 of Pritzker the Hut's general lockdown

Prisoner 6's workout started early and unexpectedly when a 10' log around 3' in circumference was found blocking Lake Road midway between Parrish Lane and Wood Road. The main trunk and sections of it were halfway across the two lane blacktop and lying in a dip between hills. Some people drive faster than is intelligent on that road and the hills and dip makes it hard to see until the last second. So I tossed the 3' section of trunk off in the ditch and drug the remaining 10' main trunk past the edge of the road. The trunk had been rotting for some years so this was somewhat less than the heroic effort it might sound like.

Deload/Speed Work/Plyometrics - 3 sets of 3
    .25 mile low intensity farmer walk with 20 lb. medicine ball in one hand and 20 lb. kettlebell in the other hand to parkour station.
    Box jumps, clap push ups, kettlebell swings, medicine ball tosses, medicine ball slams and hamstring along with lumbar and upper back stretches.
    .25 mile low intensity farmer walk with 20 lb. medicine ball in one hand and 20 lb. kettlebell in the other hand back to vehicle.

Now, could I have done this at home? Yes. But I adamantly refuse to be dictated to by that porcine clown in Springfield about living my life like a penned up animal.

Day 9 of Pritzker the Hut's general lockdown

Deload week over. Time to heavy it up again improvising as I go. My backpack containing my lifting gear like my squat and deadlift shoes along with my fractional plates, etc. weighed 12 lbs. Add 5 more for clodhoppers and clothes.

4 sets of 5

Dips, pull ups, one legged squats, knee ups.

Given the uneven tenor of the times, i's just remotely possible I could make it to USPA National powerlifting meet after all. I had written them off since they conflicted with Special Olympics Summer Games, but Spring Games have been cancelled and it remains to be seen what will happen with Summer Games. I may make it there after all and then qualify for the IPL Worlds.

A nice hike around the Brush Hill Nature Trail in Carbondale.

starting strength coach development program
    Day 11 of Pritzker the Hut's general lockdown

More improvisation to load up. I took along my hip belt squat belt and a 20 lb. kettlebell which I clipped to the carbiner for around a 25 lb. additional load to bodyweight.
    4 sets of 5

Dips, pull ups, one legged squats, knee ups, hamstring stretches.